Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

myMacRumors

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2010

Attachments

• iPad SIM card type.PNG
    iPad SIM card type.PNG
    11 KB · Views: 137

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Promo code not applicable to Nano-SIM. Thank you!

Shows applicable here. You may need to select the "T-Mobile® SIM Starter Kit - Nano SIM - No Annual Contract" version.

BTW, the site does ask for credit card for an order total of $0.00 -- my guess is they don't have logic in there to bypass the cc screen when a promo code eliminates all cost. I've ordered free sims before and didn't get charged anything.

Last edited:

nixiemaiden

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
Shows applicable here. You may need to select the "T-Mobile® SIM Starter Kit - Nano SIM - No Annual Contract" version.

BTW, the site does ask for credit card for an order total of $0.00 -- my guess is they don't have logic in there to bypass the cc screen when a promo code eliminates all cost. I've ordered free sims before and didn't get charged anything.

It doesn't charge you but it does put a temporary $1 hold on it. I tried using a prepaid visa with $0 on it and it wouldn't work.

myMacRumors

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2010

Worked for me. I purchased 2 Nano-SIMs using the Second one on the list, 'T-Mobile Mobile Internet SIM ONLY KIT- Nano SIM'

Thank you! promo code applied & confirmed two (2) Nano-SIM.

Last edited:

phpmaven

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2009
San Clemente, CA USA
I'm a bit confused. I just ordered one and my receipt says "TMO PREPAID NANOSIM ACTIVATION KIT". I don't want a prepaid sim but one I can use to just setup my iPad Air on a normal monthly contract. T-Mobile completely screwed up my account with the iPad Air I bought from them a week ago Saturday and I just want to start over from scratch with a new sim like it's being activated for the first time.

Thanks

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
I don't want a prepaid sim but one I can use to just setup my iPad Air on a normal monthly contract. T-Mobile completely screwed up my account with the iPad Air I bought from them a week ago Saturday and I just want to start over from scratch with a new sim like it's being activated for the first time.

Seems the simpler thing to do would be to call T-Mobile or visit a corporate T-Mobile store and have them provide a new sim for free.

EDH667

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 25, 2009
Northern California
I'm a bit confused. I just ordered one and my receipt says "TMO PREPAID NANOSIM ACTIVATION KIT". I don't want a prepaid sim but one I can use to just setup my iPad Air on a normal monthly contract. T-Mobile completely screwed up my account with the iPad Air I bought from them a week ago Saturday and I just want to start over from scratch with a new sim like it's being activated for the first time.

Thanks

I believe the SIM cards will allow both on demand or add it to your T-Mobile account. I had both options with the last SIM card I activated.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
I didn't work when I copy and pasted the promo code. Got it to work by typing it in.

Copy/paste captures and pastes an added space at the end of the promo code which is causing it to not be recognized.

Seems to me that website coding 101 would teach "strip trailing spaces from text field inputs"... :rolleyes:

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
Copy/paste captures and pastes an added space at the end of the promo code which is causing it to not be recognized.

Seems to me that website coding 101 would teach "strip trailing spaces from text field inputs"... :rolleyes:

I see :)

I figured it was something with the copy and paste. I typed it in and it worked.

phpmaven

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2009
San Clemente, CA USA
Seems the simpler thing to do would be to call T-Mobile or visit a corporate T-Mobile store and have them provide a new sim for free.

:p Have you ever gone into a T-Mobile store? At least at mine it takes forever to get anything done. Their computer system is always screwed up. And the customer service reps on the phone are hopeless. Everybody tells you a different story. That's how my sim got screwed up in the first place. And yes, it's a corp store. Their web sites are a disaster and down a lot of the time.

This is my first experience with them and I was considering moving my phones over to them from AT&T because I could save quite a bit of money, but man, what a screwed up company! I wouldn't even think about it now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.