Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacToddB

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
Rochester, NY
Wow! What a wild ride it has been.

Our first app, 100sounds, was released on 12/12 and today, 1/1/2009, it reached the TOP TEN in Paid Entertainment Apps!

It could not have been possible without the good folks at MacRumors. After all, I got my start when I sent out promo codes to several users here.

So, to give something back, I'm offering a free t-shirt to all MacRumors users who gave the app a good review on iTunes, as of 1/4/2009!

Just send me your mailing address and shirt size, and iTunes ID so I can see your review. Contact us at info@NoTieSoftware.com.

The t-shirt design can be seen at http://www.CafePress.com/NoTie or on our web site at http://www.NoTieSoftware.com.

We are also offering the shirt to ANYONE who sends us a videofile showing how they use the app so we can put it on our YouTube channel!

Soon, we will make this a weekly contest for the best video, but for now, ANYONE who submits a video gets a shirt!

This is a great deal... A $0.99 app... but you get a $10 t-shirt! It's a cool design, with our logo, a tie with a red circle and line through it, plus a fake pocket and an iPhone sticking out.

Valid for U.S. residents only.

notintheleast

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2008
NC
Awesome shirt design. I just sent off my e-mail! You guys over there at NoTie are too kind. Thanks again for the app, and I'm looking forward to getting one of your shirts.

icedmocha

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2008
This is a great offer. Your team is to be commended for your commitment to your customers. I do not have this app, and will not be requesting a t-shirt, but seriously, great way to start the new year. :)

MacToddB

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
Rochester, NY
This is a great offer. Your team is to be commended for your commitment to your customers. I do not have this app, and will not be requesting a t-shirt, but seriously, great way to start the new year. :)

Thanks, that's very kind! I have a FEW promo codes left, if you want one... You'd still be eligible for the t-shirt! let me know!

I'll get a new batch of 50 codes when the next version is released. For that, we have OVER 300 SOUNDS! And we've enhanced their quality, and paid attention to loopability! Plus some more features folks will like. Stay tuned!

taran420

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2008
Toronto, Canada
wow u guys are awesome. i have followed ure promo thread closely, and always wanted to give my story and get a code, but since i was in Canada i never bothered. I finally got an US Account, so if u have any promo codes, i would love to test it.

I would use the Booing sound at a bar, when my beloved basketball team, Raptors, are playing like crap again:)

If your out of them, then ill try next time

MacToddB

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
Rochester, NY
wow u guys are awesome. i have followed ure promo thread closely, and always wanted to give my story and get a code, but since i was in Canada i never bothered. I finally got an US Account, so if u have any promo codes, i would love to test it.

I would use the Booing sound at a bar, when my beloved basketball team, Raptors, are playing like crap again:)

If your out of them, then ill try next time

Sure, I'll send you a code! I hope you will post a good review!

And I've been to a Raptors game (I'm across Lake Ontario, in Rochester, NY)... in fact, we should add a sound for "PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA" because, at the game I went to, if they scored 100 points or better, a local Pizza place was going to give everyone a free slice. As the clock ran down, everyone chanted PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA. The Raptors lost... scoring 99 points!!!

Nabby

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2008
Thanks!

I was a promo code recipient and really like the app. I used the helicopter sound last night to get my son to eat his carrots! I never thought I would use it like that!

I'll send my contact info!

thanks!

Nabby

MacToddB

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
Rochester, NY
I was a promo code recipient and really like the app. I used the helicopter sound last night to get my son to eat his carrots! I never thought I would use it like that!

thanks!

Nabby

Wow, how'd you do that? I'll have to try it with my kids!

Don't forget... post a review on iTunes, and send a video showing how you use it, and get a t-shirt!!!

taran420

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Sure, I'll send you a code! I hope you will post a good review!

And I've been to a Raptors game (I'm across Lake Ontario, in Rochester, NY)... in fact, we should add a sound for "PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA" because, at the game I went to, if they scored 100 points or better, a local Pizza place was going to give everyone a free slice. As the clock ran down, everyone chanted PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA. They Raptors lost, scoring 99 points!!!

hahahah, OMG i was at that game, it was Hilarious, and it made the news as well, lol...that would be a great, humorous sound.....
Thanks for the code, i will surely review it and give a Awesome score :)

KRAPPS

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2008

thanks!

Nabby

LOL this is a great marketing spin! Good for you and your creativity ... Seriously, you should video tape this and position the iPhone as a parenting tool ... Nanny 911 soon to be replaced by the iPhone, too cool!

messedkid

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2007
Oshawa, ON
US only!?!?!

I CALL SHENANIGANS!!!

Sure...I haven't bought, nor heard/read about this app until now, but I would have bought it to get a T-Shirt!

No love for us Euro-trash folk eh?

How rude. :mad:

PS. Congratulations on all your success. :)

MacToddB

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
Rochester, NY
US only!?!?!

I CALL SHENANIGANS!!!

Sure...I haven't bought, nor heard/read about this app until now, but I would have bought it to get a T-Shirt!

No love for us Euro-trash folk eh?

How rude. :mad:

PS. Congratulations on all your success. :)

Thanks! Well, it's just a bit of a hassle to ship things. BUT, if you stay in touch, when we release our next set of apps, I'll send you promo codes for them! We should have some fun ones out soon, especially for Valentine's Day!

notintheleast

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2008
NC
Excellent. I'm looking forward to the update now. With the quality enhanced on the samples, I will definitely change my 4 star rating to a 5. Thanks again MacToddB!

MacToddB

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
Rochester, NY
WOW! 100sounds is now #9 Entertainment and #68 OVERALL

Thanks again folks, I couldn't have done it without you!

100sounds moved up from #10 to #9 in Paid Entertainment and for the first time, made it in to the top 100 overall... We started the day at #70 and now it's #68 in the entire appstore! UPDATE! Now #61 !!!

I've sent a few t-shirts out, but the offer still stands through 1/4 (U.S. only). Just send us a video showing how you use the app or submit a good review on iTunes and tell us that you did. 1/4 is when I head to Vegas to attend the Consumer Electronics Show, (I'm a Contributing Editor for iPhone Life Magazine). So I'll be a little bit 'out of pocket', but I will be blogging at

http://www.smartphonemag.com/iphone/todd.bernhard

So if you're interested in the latest iPhone-related gadgets, look for my posts there. Yes, there are lots of iPhone and iPod announcements at CES... probably more than MacWorld... certainly more diverse as there are automative aftermarket firms, entire contingents from China, Korea, etc.

vinay427

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2008
e-mail sent. Thanks in advance. It's great to see companies that care this much about their customers. Your kindness still puts me in awe.

MacToddB

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
Rochester, NY
e-mail sent. Thanks in advance. It's great to see companies that care this much about their customers. Your kindness still puts me in awe.

YOU are too kind.

Besides, with these results, it's easy to be generous... in fact it would be wrong not to. 100sounds is now #61 in OVERALL paid apps on the AppStore! Still #9 in Entertainment!

MacToddB

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
Rochester, NY
Now 100sounds is #54 overall and #7 in Entertainment Apps!

Thanks again, and remember, send a video showing how you use 100sounds, get a t-shirt!

Eventually it will be a contest but I want to build our YouTube library, so every video gets a $10 shirt!!! It's a pretty cool design, showing the No Tie logo (a tie with a red circle and line through it) and a fake pocket with an iPhone sticking out!

Thanks everybody!

MacToddB

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
Rochester, NY
Great news! Thanks to you, 100sounds is now the 52nd most popular paid app! Holding on at #7 in Entertainment!

Don't forget about the t-shirt contest...all submitted videos (U.S. only) get a t-shirt! eventually it will be a weekly contest but for now we want to build a youtube library!

thanks again! And don't forget to watch for my live blogging at the Consumer Electronics Show in Vegas! I arrived yesterday and I'm only down $10!

http://www.smartphonemag.com/iphone/todd.bernhard

Now 100sounds is #54 overall and #7 in Entertainment Apps!

Thanks again, and remember, send a video showing how you use 100sounds, get a t-shirt!

Eventually it will be a contest but I want to build our YouTube library, so every video gets a $10 shirt!!! It's a pretty cool design, showing the No Tie logo (a tie with a red circle and line through it) and a fake pocket with an iPhone sticking out!

Thanks everybody!

MacToddB

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
Rochester, NY
100sounds now #51 overall, #7 in Entertainment!

Wow, 100sounds is now #51 !!!!

If we can make it into the top 50, that's huge, as so many sites feature the top 50 only!

Anyone who got a free promo code, please be sure to review it, if you have not done so already.

I have a few more promo codes... post here telling me how you would use the 100sounds app and I will send you a code, while supplies last!

Also, I will be live blogging today, not from MacWorld but from the Consumer Electronics Show in Vegas! The first press event is today so look for my iPhone Life Magazine blog at http://www.SmartphoneMag.com/iPhone/Todd.Bernhard

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.