free tethering on JB iPhone 4s

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Z400Racer37, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Z400Racer37 macrumors 6502a

hey guys,

I've been searching for hours and I've gotten nowhere on this. I've used mywi which i just found out was a trial and now i have to pay 20 bucks, and i have to pay for each update as well... also i tried to find handy light v1.0 torrent uploaded in torrent form, and couldn't find it... any ideas on how to get wifi hotspot (and preferably usb tethering) on my iPhone 4s? I've literally been at it for hours without much in the way of an answer... any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks guys

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

tetherme via Cydia is $5

3. brittag macrumors newbie

PDANet has a limited free version where you just can't connect to HTTPS (secure) sites. A full version is $16.

4. Z400Racer37 thread starter macrumors 6502a

That is exactly what I was looking for guys, thanks a lot

5. Synergie macrumors 6502a

Why not just use the Personal Hotspot built in to the iOS? It works perfectly without paying for any extra apps!

6. EngageWithRage macrumors 6502

EngageWithRage

Because you have to pay out the @$$ for tethering in order to have that Mobile Hotspot feature available lol

7. Xenomorph macrumors 65816

Xenomorph

Companies like AT&T want to charge $240 a year for tethering, and you don't want to pay $20 once for a lifetime of tethering?

Support the developers!

8. SurferMan macrumors 65816

The problem with the tethering app's, is even the ones that "mask" tethering to the carrier like pda... plenty of people have been caught when using them (pda, tetherme, mywi etc). AT&T's algorithms somehow still find out as you can find plenty of post on jb boards about that. I don't know about other carriers though. A buddy of mine was never throttled or anything even with high data usage, used PDA, next thing you know AT&T forces him to switch to tethering plan and the usage was no different then what he normally uses. He tethered at an airport. So just be aware that you still risk getting detected.

9. soulghost macrumors regular

soulghost

If you're jailbroken, get TetherMe from cydia. This will activate the Personal Hotspot in settings.

10. EngageWithRage macrumors 6502

EngageWithRage

Already got it, It is rare that I use it..but it is always good to have it available.

11. Synergie macrumors 6502a

What??!! So you are saying that your carrier makes you pay an extra fee in order to tether a device to use the data you already paid for??! That's ridiculous! Its your data.....you already paid for it!

In Canada.... tethering is included in nearly all plans now (except for a very few that were really low priced unlimited plans made just for PDAs) But I have a 6Gb plan that I can use for tethering as much as I want as long as I don't go over my 6Gb! I've used the personal hotspot a bunch of times!

That six for you guys! Must be in the US?

12. EngageWithRage macrumors 6502

EngageWithRage

thats amurrika for you lol

Although it could be worse...much worse..

13. jadekgyi macrumors newbie

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Get an android.