free tethering on JB iPhone 4s

Z400Racer37

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
hey guys,

I've been searching for hours and I've gotten nowhere on this. I've used mywi which i just found out was a trial and now i have to pay 20 bucks, and i have to pay for each update as well... also i tried to find handy light v1.0 torrent uploaded in torrent form, and couldn't find it... any ideas on how to get wifi hotspot (and preferably usb tethering) on my iPhone 4s? I've literally been at it for hours without much in the way of an answer... any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks guys

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
hey guys,

I've been searching for hours and I've gotten nowhere on this. I've used mywi which i just found out was a trial and now i have to pay 20 bucks, and i have to pay for each update as well... also i tried to find handy light v1.0 torrent uploaded in torrent form, and couldn't find it... any ideas on how to get wifi hotspot (and preferably usb tethering) on my iPhone 4s? I've literally been at it for hours without much in the way of an answer... any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks guys
tetherme via Cydia is $5

brittag

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2011
PDANet has a limited free version where you just can't connect to HTTPS (secure) sites. A full version is $16.

Xenomorph

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2008
St. Louis
hey guys,

thanks guys
Companies like AT&T want to charge $240 a year for tethering, and you don't want to pay $20 once for a lifetime of tethering?

Support the developers!

SurferMan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2010
South FL
The problem with the tethering app's, is even the ones that "mask" tethering to the carrier like pda... plenty of people have been caught when using them (pda, tetherme, mywi etc). AT&T's algorithms somehow still find out as you can find plenty of post on jb boards about that. I don't know about other carriers though. A buddy of mine was never throttled or anything even with high data usage, used PDA, next thing you know AT&T forces him to switch to tethering plan and the usage was no different then what he normally uses. He tethered at an airport. So just be aware that you still risk getting detected.

Synergie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2011
Halifax, Canada
Because you have to pay out the @$$ for tethering in order to have that Mobile Hotspot feature available lol
What??!! So you are saying that your carrier makes you pay an extra fee in order to tether a device to use the data you already paid for??! That's ridiculous! Its your data.....you already paid for it!

In Canada.... tethering is included in nearly all plans now (except for a very few that were really low priced unlimited plans made just for PDAs) But I have a 6Gb plan that I can use for tethering as much as I want as long as I don't go over my 6Gb! I've used the personal hotspot a bunch of times!

That six for you guys! Must be in the US?

EngageWithRage

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2012
Your girlfriend's house
What??!! So you are saying that your carrier makes you pay an extra fee in order to tether a device to use the data you already paid for??! That's ridiculous! Its your data.....you already paid for it!

In Canada.... tethering is included in nearly all plans now (except for a very few that were really low priced unlimited plans made just for PDAs) But I have a 6Gb plan that I can use for tethering as much as I want as long as I don't go over my 6Gb! I've used the personal hotspot a bunch of times!

That six for you guys! Must be in the US?
thats amurrika for you lol

Although it could be worse...much worse..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.