iPhone free tethering?

goobot

macrumors 603
Jun 26, 2009
long island NY
Buy tether me if you haven't all ready, it's only a couple bucks, it doesn't support A7 devices yet but give a it a day or so to update.

cnotes2019

Suspended
Aug 17, 2013
There are apps like tetherme and mywi that have a one time charge to use tethering on your jailbroken iPhone. I believe they are $5 and $20 respectively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

CBillups1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 1, 2008
Michigan
so tmobile wont charge me for tethering?

i just wanna make sure, would like a hot spot for other devices. i dont mind to pay if it works good

im on iphone 5 btw

gngan

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2009
MacWorld

i just wanna make sure, would like a hot spot for other devices. i dont mind to pay if it works good

im on iphone 5 btw
So how do we know if carrier is going to charge you? We dont work for them. No one where can guarantee that you won't be charge.

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati

im on iphone 5 btw
Use tetherMe and yes you can turn on the hot spot and "most likely" tmobile will let you get away with it.

However I know of no way you can teather without the carrier finding out, if they really want to catch you.

Thepoobear

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2013
Carriers only care, from my understanding, about us unlimited data users. Run up a large usage for the month prior to tethering. It's believed that a sudden spike in usage tips them off...

I've got unlimited LTE (sprint) and I'm up to 3GB in less than two weeks. (Purposefully running it up this one time )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.