Free TF2 for the weekend?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by carlili4190, Jun 12, 2010.

1. carlili4190 macrumors regular

On my steam account under TF2 it says
    "Play Team Fortess 2 for FREE until June 13th on your Mac or PC.

New to TF2? Haven't played in a while? Check out the new Training and Offline Practice Modes to polish up your skills.

Don't have Steam? Get it here.
    About the Game"

But how do I download it to play for free? It is also 50% off and only gives me the option to buy.. I want to try it out first.. How can i do that?

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

if you go to your games library it should show Team Fortress 2 greyed out. if you click on it, it should give you the option to download it so that you can play it.

3. carlili4190 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the help! I see you are from Chicago... I am to... What part if you dont mind me asking

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

no problem.

I'm up north in Lincoln square. love this is neighborhood. what about you? it's been awhile since we tried to organize a Chicago meet up.

5. Tech-Minded macrumors regular

So you can play it only over the weekend, or you can download it free over the weekend and have forever. Is it a trial (until the 13th), or a free download (forever)?

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

it's free to download and play this weekend. if you want to continue to play after that the. you'll have to purchase it.

if you don't already have portal or the half-life 2 series the Orange Box is the best bang for the buck IMO.

7. carlili4190 thread starter macrumors regular

I am actually up in Evanston :) I go to school at Loyola University Chicago and my GF goes to Northwestern..