[FREE] Touchboards for iPad - Organize your way !!!!

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by brdgolf1, Aug 12, 2013.

1. brdgolf1 macrumors member

Touchboards

Brand new to the App Store
    Free for a short introductory period.

Reviews are greatly appreciated.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/touchboards/id642507256?ls=1&mt=8

Touchboards is a great new application for saving anything on to a board. *Add the following to any board:

Post-it Notes
    Pictures
    Text
    Contacts
    Voice / Audio recordings
    Web Clips *(Take a picture of any part of a webpage and add it to the board)
    Calendar
    Task Lists

* *Drag and drop anything on a board
    * *Share your boards via: Email, Facebook, Twitter
    * *Organize your boards in Collections
    * *Copy boards between collections
    * *Integrated help system to show how to do anything

Types of Boards to create
    * Photo Boards
    * Recipe Boards
    * Class / Assignment Boards
    * Wedding Boards
    * Vacation Boards
    * Work Project Boards

2. Rodster macrumors 68040

Did you make this App? It's very well done. It's a solid organizer! :cool:

3. brdgolf1 thread starter macrumors member

Yes, I made this app. I have been working on this for about 8 months now making sure it all works great and has a lot of functionality out of the box. There are still a few things I am looking to add:

* Export boards to other users
    * Dropbox integration

If you have any other suggestions, I would greatly welcome them.

Thank you for the feedback. (Reviews are very welcome if you have the time).

:)

4. Rodster macrumors 68040

Yup, I posted my review and gave it high marks !

5. alen mcgra macrumors newbie

Drag and drop anything on a board
    * *Share your boards via: Email, Facebook, Twitter
    * *Organize your boards in Collections
    * *Copy boards between collections
    * *Integrated help system to show how to do anything

6. new-to-mac macrumors regular

downloaded. Looks pretty cool, its like a whiteboard of stuff

I did notice a defect :)

if you add a "Text" comment I was unable to delete it

Dropbox integration would be cool

7. Rodster macrumors 68040

Confirmed, you can delete notes but not text.

Would like to add a request for a reminder on notes and comments if it's possible.

8. cfs macrumors 6502a

Great Application. Dropbox or some backup would be great. And just curious, why all the content warnings?

9. cfs macrumors 6502a

Need this fix: every time I want to type a note I need to first erase the words that appear on the sticky.

10. Dannel macrumors member

Have got it. It seems that it works very well. Thank you!

11. brdgolf1 thread starter macrumors member

The Web Clip function is the reason. Because there is a web interface and that web interface could be used to go "anywhere" on the internet, then the app requires these content ratings. I thought about removing the web clip function because of this reason. Do you think the web clip part is worth it?

Thanks,
    Brdgolf1

12. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

13. cfs macrumors 6502a

Keep it!

14. TJ61 macrumors 6502a

Couple suggestions after trying it a short time:

1. Would be nice to be able to select multiple photos at a time to be added to a board. After they're selected, they could show up cascade-style, and the user could move/resize from there. That means you would have to take out the Move and Scale functionality from where it is, and put it in the Edit menu. But I think that's a good thing; a user should be able to do this after a picture has been added.

2. Bug: tapping a photo, and then tapping Edit brings the photo to the front. If you tap outside the Edit Photo box (i.e. to cancel out), the photo still stays on top.

3. As long as the app can convert to pdf (for e-mailing), it would be nice if these pdf's were accessible to other pdf apps one might have on their device.

I've been looking for a kind of photo collage maker app with a simple, straight forward interface, and I think this might be it.

Thanks!

15. brdgolf1 thread starter macrumors member

I really like the multi photo select. Certainly saves time. Great suggestion. By the way, I just posted an update. Turns out I have to change the name from Touchboards to just Boards. Looks like Touchboards is trademarked by a different company. I just posted a new update with the new name change, streamlined options selection on collection screen, fixed text delete issue and a couple other minor issues. Also made it specific to iOS 6.1, since 6.0 has an issue with selecting photos.

16. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

17. new-to-mac macrumors regular

I haven't seen this update come through but should come in next few days

I have to say this type of responsiveness from developers is what makes apps successful - well done on the quick reaction. I will keep supporting this if you keep fixing and enhancing.

18. brdgolf1 thread starter macrumors member

The update was just sent to the review process yesterday. It should only take about a week to go thru review.

Question: Does anyone have any helpful tips on how to market / promote an app? There is no longer a listing of new apps on the App Store. Also, sending a review request to the major review sites is like sending things into a black hole. Are we really just going for "Word of Mouth"? If that is the case, I guess all we can do is create great apps and hope that someone somewhere will pick it up and promote it. Any thoughts here would be greatly appreciated.

Brdgolf1

19. TJ61, Aug 16, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2013

TJ61 macrumors 6502a

I looked at a pdf of a "board", and it seems the resolution of the pictures could be a little (ok, a lot) higher. I'm not sure how you specify this, but the pics should at least come out at 300 dpi on a 8.5 x 11 printout of a pdf.

How about allowing pictures to be rotated/skewed with a two-finger twist? If you do this, though, you should have a way to restore to exactly straight. Maybe rotation could be a menu item, where you have options of 0, 90, 180, 270, and free rotate. That way you won't accidentally skew pictures when resizing.

Sorry, I can't think of any marketing help. I would say, though, that you should be sure to use words like scrapbook in your description, or maybe storyboard, or diary, or journal. There's lots of ways folks can use this app, and you'll want to anticipate all their possible search terms in your description.

Added Later: You should include more options for background, like a full color picker. And maybe a two-color background with options for fading from one to the other (i.e. left-right, top bottom, edge-center, diagonal, etc.).