free up your iphone ram

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by saeed.mt, Jan 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. saeed.mt macrumors member

saeed.mt

some times when you work with your iphone alot and you switch your apps during day at the end of the day you feel your iphone got slower so you restart your phone.here is a way you can easyli free up your ram.press the power key and hold it until you see slide to turn off window.then press and hold the home key for seconds then the window will be closed and now all of your background apps running will be closed and your ram will free up
    :(:(:(i,m from iran and im sorry for bad english.i love you all

2. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Didn't work for me (background apps still showing in the app switcher) but kudos for the "I love you all" ending :)

3. saeed.mt thread starter macrumors member

saeed.mt

apps wont clear from app switcher but they will be cleared from ram and wont run in back ground

4. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

5. Skika macrumors 68030

I would not advise to do this everyday.

6. colorfuel macrumors member

Why?

7. Skika macrumors 68030

Its too aggressive basically force quitting all apps regularly, processes may not shut down properly etc. This is not the same as swiping an app out. Leave RAM management to iOS, its built in.

8. xixi.li macrumors regular

What i do my iphone
    "Periodically double click the home button and close all the apps in the recently used dock. and then back on the iPhone. This frees up memory."

9. bransoj macrumors 6502a

Could download the Battery Doctor app and use the free ram option within it. I use it on my older iPad 3 and it works fine.

10. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

There have been a number of articles regarding ram management. Empty ram is useless ram. The phone clears ram as it needs it automatically. i can never understand why people think they are smarter than the built in logic of ram management the engineers have programmed into the phone. Ram will only stay empty till the next thing you do with your phone. Then it fills right back up as it was designed to do.

Why believe a app developer trying to promote their app over the people that designed the phone. Apple has removed a number of ram management apps. People have been screaming for more ram, now they have it and they want to manage it manually? Apple's ram management is one of best in the industry. That's why they got away with less ram than others for years.

There are some apps like Facebook that do run in background regardless of how you set them. You would benefit by closing those apps down when not in actual use. This closes the app as well as flushing any ram dedicated to it that might still be in ram memory.

11. saeed.mt thread starter macrumors member

saeed.mt

yes battery dr also works.but its for ios iy self and like it more.but i use it once in a 3-4 days

12. bufffilm macrumors 68040

bufffilm

+1

Badly coded apps like Facebook benefits from closing, leave the rest be.

(I don't even have Facebook installed...good riddance.)

13. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

I for one do not believe Facebook and several other apps were badly coded. I submit they are coded well for what their intended purpose is. To keep taps on your location, and where and what you do. Staying open in the background even when you select that option is not a mistake of coding.

14. RadioGaGa1984 Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

Yea. Tricking the OS into doing something you want is usaully not the best course of action.

15. bufffilm macrumors 68040

bufffilm

But they did have to fix some issues where it was hogging CPU cycles and eating into the battery life......one step removed from a badly coded app.

16. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

I say follow the money, it leads you to the truth. Facebook, and Google among other have no qualms about using data you pay for and battery life to report your whereabouts, likes and report back so they can sell the info. That's where they make their money.......follow the money......

The poorly paid and inexperienced Facebook coders just couldn't figure it out. Right I believe that, sure I do.

Only thing they couldn't figure out is how to better hide the data mining. If they could figure a way around the iOS bios, they would have set permanent trackers even if you removed their app.

17. C DM macrumors Westmere

Not sure what Facebook would keep tabs on if location services and access to various other parts of the phone are disabled. Using location services while in the background could perhaps follow along with that, but it seems like it can still happen even with location services disabled for Facebook, and even when enabled it doesn't seem like location services get used while its in the background (given that iOS shows you if that is the case). Hard to rule anything out of course, but it's not really a given that it's "spying" that's behind it.

18. Vicrooloo macrumors regular

It used to be that people were worried about the Government spying on its people.

Now, we are worried about the Government, Companies and our Parents spying on us.

Cmon now folks.

19. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I am still worried about the "I love you all" coming from the OP.

20. Goatllama macrumors 6502a

Goatllama

Nothing wrong with a little more love in the world! :p

21. GreekFeeling macrumors newbie

GreekFeeling

I also think within ios you don't need any ram / cache cleaners! And with the 2 GB in the iphone 6 s ram is more then enough

22. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

For one, the method outlined by the OP is what they call a respring, and all that does is reload the home screen. A similar effect can be had on a Windows PC if you close out explorer.exe and reload it from the task manager.

For everything else, I echo what others have already stated: leave the management of RAM to the programming Apple put in place in iOS. No need to fix what is not broken at all.

23. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

Well let's see, Snowden proved the government IS spying on us. So that's a no brainer. Not worried about that any more as it is happening and seems I can't stop it. By the way. Thank you Tim Cook for standing up to the government trying to be even more intrusive by not building in back door to software. Nice to see a few people respect the Bill of Rights. Shame it isn't people I elected that swore to uphold the constitution.

Companies spying on us, we'll it's no secret Google makes 90% of their money by selling information about us. So that's not paranoid, but fact. I just feel it's a bit creepy that what I view, where I go is being recorded and sold. Call me old fashioned, but I sure would like to be able to opt out of that kind of surveillance. Other than by not using their software.

As for parents, one is dead, so no chance there. I don't have any evidence he is looking down at me. Other is 96 and has no cell phone or computer so fairly safe there. Not that I have any issues her knowing where I am. I do have locate friends turned on so my son and I can see where we are at. That I don't mind, as we both think that's a good feature and we both agreed to provide that info to each other. I actually trust my son, and he trusts me. Strange I know.

24. RadioGaGa1984 Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

Didn't somebody semi famous say something like "all you need is love"?

25. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

Well in some places of the world, like OP's native country, some kinds of love can be lethal today, unfortunately.