Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amoda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 9, 2006
Hey,

I've been wanting to buy one of the new SR macbook pro's since they came out. But i've also been reading all the iLife rumors and whatnot and deicded to wait till WWDC. Now since that went by and nothing came i've become more impatent and want it now now now! What i'm wondering is...if i buy the mbp tomorrow and ilife comes out next tuesday would i get a free upgrade since less than a week passed?

P.S what the hell happend to the myriad of people that claimed that their iLife purchases got delayed till the 12th and whatnot?

Sorry i just realised i put this in the wrong section. Hopefully a moderator can either move (perferably) or delete this thread.

banjomamo

macrumors regular
May 9, 2006
USA
i believe you have a 2 week grace period if you buy a computer from apple and they update right after that. that may be for hardware though. software might be 30 days - try asking an apple store employee if you can.

amoda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 9, 2006
Can't there are no Apple stores anywhere near where I live (Nova Scotia, Canada). Closest one is a good 2h plane ride + time to get to mall away. I asked the guy at one of our offical resellers and he had no clue; which is kind of disappointing since it's probably a common question.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.