Free upgrade to Lion?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cmackenzie89, Jul 5, 2011.

1. cmackenzie89 macrumors newbie

I was looking into how to get my free copy of OS X Lion and it says that you need to request a copy within 30 days of Purchase. This would be fine however, in order to save some money I am ordering it off of amazon and having it shipped to my aunt's house in the states (I live in Canada). My concern is, that I am not planning on going down till the end of August to visit and pick up my new baby, which means I would miss out on the 30 days.

As I am new to macs in general, could someone explain how I would go about requesting the upgrade? An whether or not I would need to request the upgrade before heading down?

Many thanks :)

2. gorskiegangsta macrumors 65816

gorskiegangsta

3. Shadow%20Mac macrumors demi-god

If you're not going till the end of august, I would just hold off on ordering the computer till Lion is pre-installed.

4. cmackenzie89 thread starter macrumors newbie

that was my first thought, though I have realized that SL is a solid and stable operating system, where as Lion will be new and therefore more prone to problems. Then again I am coming from the PC world and made the mistake with Vista (POS)

5. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

6. hehe299792458 macrumors 6502a

hehe299792458

yea. get SL now. SL = XP, Lion=Vista

7. Amerabian macrumors regular

8. Macsavvytech macrumors 6502a

Macsavvytech

I disagree

9. snaky69 macrumors 603

30 days from the date of Lion coming out, not 30 days from purchase, you misread the policy my friend.

Edit: Else those that did buy on June 6th wouldn't be allowed to have their copy as they are already past the 30 days mark and Lion isn't even out yet!