Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

allenmchan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 12, 2010
I bought an ipod touch about a week ago.
With recent rumors of a new ipod touch being released, i am trying to remember the apple policy name that allows upgrade to recent product upgrades for free as long as the old product was purchased within 30 days.

Do anyone know what policy I am talking about or was I tricked into believing a rumor?

Thanks

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
You have 14 days to return for a refund, after that there is no official upgrade policy AFAIK. You might be lucky and get the new one for free if you go after 14 days but it's up to the rep

scienide09

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2007
Canada
Sounds like you're still within the original 14-day window. Return it now, wait a month, buy again after the refresh. Problem solved.

blueraja

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2010
hmm if benchmarks are correct it sounds like with the switch from the 320m to the intel 3000 I'm better off keeping my current 13" mbp. Oh well maybe next time around there will be enough of a boost to warrant an upgrade.

darknite38

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2010
hmm if benchmarks are correct it sounds like with the switch from the 320m to the intel 3000 I'm better off keeping my current 13" mbp. Oh well maybe next time around there will be enough of a boost to warrant an upgrade.

ok?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.