Free video converter

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by archdelux, Apr 17, 2011.

1. archdelux macrumors 6502

I was wondering if there was a free way to batch convert videos (mpg) in different folders to iPad-compatible formats and have the products sent to the respective folders of the original files (ie I select the 'my photos' folder and have all the videos converted in the respective sunflowers without having to manually go and find every video)

This would be useful for transferring my digital cameras videos to my iPad.

Thanks!

2. simsaladimbamba

Handbrake and MPEG Streamclip can do that, as you can select different output directories and add several files from other input directories.

3. archdelux thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for your response..I actually tried using hanbrake and could select the root folder to queue up all the videos in the subfolders but couldn't figure out how to direct the program to put the resulting videos back to where the sources where (instead of putting all the resulting videos in one output folder..)

Any tips?

Is it easier with mpeg stream clip?

4. archdelux thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, but it looks like that one is only for PCs.. any free solutions for macs out there?

5. rodman109110 macrumors 6502

In handbrake you can change the output destination to wherever you'd like.

Attached Files:

6. flipnotik macrumors newbie

Handbrake has been the most efficient and seamless option for me when converting an overhaul of videos for appletv playback.

7. archdelux thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. But this would still require me to individually sync each folder and direct the videos to that folder. Is there a way to simply sync one root folder and have all the videos automatically go into the folder where the original came from?

8. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

You might try VideoMonkey, it will put them back where they came from by default I believe.