Free Video on UK iTunes Store

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jimN, Jan 10, 2008.

1. jimN macrumors 6502a

jimN

It doesn't happen often but finally we've gotten some free video on the UK store. The first episode of the new series, "Damages", that's currently showing on BBC 1 is up on iTunes. Don't think that this will mean more content from Auntie coming soon as this isn't their work but it's encouraging nonetheless. We need to show them how popular video can be by downloading this sort of thing (plus the series looks interesting). Still, like I always say, "what's cheap is good but what's free is better!"

I haven't checked but do we get 'Series' or 'Seasons' on the UK store?

2. MagicWok macrumors 6502a

Cool - will download and see what it looks like on my Touch when I get back from work :)

3. digmo macrumors member

At last :) this is great finally some up to date content. In the US does the next episode come out before it is aired ? or is itunes simply a place to buy it if you missed it ?

Dig
    www.digmo.tv

4. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

Yeah, it's been up for a few days now and there are some threads on it already. ;)

Link

Link

David

5. digmo macrumors member

When will the next episode be released ? will it be the day it is aired on BBC 1 ?

Dig
    www.digmo.co.uk

6. jimN thread starter macrumors 6502a

jimN

I generally like being part of this community but some days you just want to point out that no one likes a pedant. They're up there with traffic wardens as far as popularity goes.

Digno, in the US shows generally go up a day or so after they air. This one could be slightly different as I don't think that any shows that the Beeb has have been on iTunes before (I prepare to be corrected, again). People generally use iTunes as a way to catch up on missed content or to own programs that they are particularly fond of. In some instances it has been used as a way to show support for a show that the Networks don't seem particularly enamored with (The Office being a case in point). The American store is also a great way for us to grab content that isn't yet out over here.

7. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

Sorry you feel strongly enough to enter a thread and insult someone Jim.

The fact of the matter is, we do have a search button yet countless double, even triple posts get made daily.

I think it makes sense to point this out to try prevent it from happening in future, although normally this only has to be done with newbies. :rolleyes:

David

EDIT: Perhaps it would be a good idea to stop bumping your own thread now and move to the original post on this subject. I even linked to it for you.

8. jimN thread starter macrumors 6502a

jimN

No more strongly than you felt the need to enter the thread and post that it was a duplicate. Some people might consider a pedantic nature to be an asset. As it was I had a cursory glance through the most recent posts and saw nothing and I'm on here often enough that I thought I would have noticed it had it been post previously.

Personally I don't see that replying to questions raised in the thread as 'bumping', personally I couldn't give a monkey's as to who started the thread or whether it appears on the front page. My life, and the those of everyone else here, will continue regardless. If you are that put out about it have someone lock or merge the threads and then go back to your avatar games.

9. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

The point is, you did not do a search first.

I pointed out that this had already posted to alert you that there was already a discussion going on about it, that is all.

Oh, and if you don't care for the rules, then why post here at all?

10. jimN thread starter macrumors 6502a

jimN

I posted here to draw the attention of other UK based iTunes users to free content for a show that has a fair amount of hype attached and a good cast. As I explained I did check, albeit not thoroughly, that this hadn't been previously mentioned. And at no point have I sought to 'bump' my original post but rather have addressed the points of others in each of my replies.

I very much doubt that you check every new thread to check that it isn't a duplicate (if you do then you're not so much pedantic as on the autistic spectrum) so I really don't understand why you feel the need to call into question my adherence to forum rules. Anyway, I wouldn't want to waste any more of your time, somewhere a rule is being broken!