Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmmcintyre3

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 4, 2007
How can you do this?

Signature links on every forum I have ever posted in is one thing I have done but all (including MR) use the rel=nofollow tag so google ignores them.

Posts on here rate higher than the exact same thing on my site.

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
Get other people to link to your site. Of course for that to happen you need to have something worth linking to, and as of right now it doesn't look like there's anything on there that I couldn't either a) think for myself or b) find easily.

In addition, your site title reveals nothing about what the site is about, and it looks like you're using an iWeb template. I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing iWeb templates aren't very SEO-friendly.

SelfMadeCelo

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2008
Tulare, CA
How can you do this?

Signature links on every forum I have ever posted in is one thing I have done but all (including MR) use the rel=nofollow tag so google ignores them.

Posts on here rate higher than the exact same thing on my site.

Google does follow rel="nofollow" tags. Basically what the nofollow tag does is it tells Google that the link shouldn't influence the targets ranking in the index. Basically the site doesn't pass any "link juice" to the target site. It will still be crawled.

Find topically relevant blogs that don't use nofollow tags. Or, create your own blog network lol Also find some websites that are relevant to yours, email them and just ask for a link. You'd be surprised how many people say yes...

dhvanil

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2009
There are many ways to promote the site for free.

DO
1) Free Directory Submission
2) Article Submission
3) Press Release Submission
4) Forum Submission
5) Social Bookmarkings
6) Free Classified Submission

Hope, this activities help u lot.

Thanks
Dhvanil

vivithemage

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
There are some low cost companies/people out there that will put your website + keywords on thousands of directories, for 3+ $ or so...seems to work OK. Not sure how well it is at generating good traffic though.

SrWebDeveloper

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Alexandria, VA, USA
Consider creating an RSS feed (i.e. if you add a blog via WordPress or whatever, this is already built in, most forum software has plugins or hacks to create outbound feed from topics, as an example) and add the feed URL to blog aggregation sites such as the notable ones listed here. In your feed include a link to your "home" or starting page. As people subscribe they'll link back to your site when reading articles and if it seems interesting, they might bookmark and visit directly.

-jim

dmmcintyre3

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 4, 2007
Run your site files through this free program. Called iWeb SEO, it adds meta data tags to pages and allows you to change the titles and page descriptors. I used it for my site. :D

It's not iWeb it's joomla

Consider creating an RSS feed (i.e. if you add a blog via WordPress or whatever, this is already built in, most forum software has plugins or hacks to create outbound feed from topics, as an example) and add the feed URL to blog aggregation sites such as the notable ones listed here. In your feed include a link to your "home" or starting page. As people subscribe they'll link back to your site when reading articles and if it seems interesting, they might bookmark and visit directly.

-jim

There is one. Maybe I should make it more visible than the thing your browser shows?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.