Free x86 emulator? I dont care how slow really..

iBunny

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 15, 2004
I have this 1 program I need to run. It take no cpu resources, and like 1.5MB of ram... If I can run this on some kinda emulator I will be happy and wont have to use my PC anymore. I dont need the power and elaborate performance of VPC 7... anyone have any idea? I searched and all I got was a bunch of 3rd party emulators that want some kinda money for.

brap

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2004
Nottingham
mad jew said:
Is that comparable to VPC? Will it be about as fast/slow?
It's not as fast by any means, but Windows 98, emulated with 128MB RAM is usable. I'll post some benchmark screenies.

edit: there you go. DxDiag.txt is the verbose output of the DirectX diagnostic tool.

Attachments

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
brap said:
It's not as fast by any means, but Windows 98, emulated with 128MB RAM is usable. I'll post some benchmark screenies.

Okay, thanks. I can't be bothered upgrading to VPC7 and my iMac won't run VPC6 so this might be a useful alternative. :)

iBunny

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 15, 2004
No its not a dos app. Its a fairly new app that was designed by some people in our company however, its unique and their isnt anything like it. And only runs on windows :(

I have a Windows XP Pro CD.... I was seeing that Virtual PC7 has a thing you can install your own version of windows on, but thats 130$ too! :eek: