Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Masmith295

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2011
My Free Yahoo Mail account never worked with Mail before. On Yahoo it states that you must have the plus account. After I installed Lion I set up my free account and it works like a charm with no problems. Has anyone else noticed? Perhaps this is common knowledge and someone has already brought this up.

soberbrain

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2008
My Free Yahoo Mail account never worked with Mail before. On Yahoo it states that you must have the plus account. After I installed Lion I set up my free account and it works like a charm with no problems. Has anyone else noticed? Perhaps this is common knowledge and someone has already brought this up.

News to me. Thanks.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
Same for me. Yahoo never worked prior to Lion, after I upgraded it worked fine for a week or so, now it doesn't work again.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
i've had a yahoo account for a decade (it's my account for junk, strangers, etc);
it's always worked for me (up to & including 10.7)...

animatedude

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2010
i added my account on mail and it worked but i can't see any emails in SENT...how do i download my sent emails?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.