Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

georgeoommen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 12, 2007
Does anyone have any idea what is happening with the push imap yahoo mail that steve jobs promised during MWSF07 in jan??

Has this been incorporated in the iPhone already?? Apologies if this has been discussed already... just point me in the right direction and I shall be off.

All those who got iphone today, does it say anyhting about this in the box?

kcadam

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2007
I too am curious about Push Email on the iPhone since it's a dealbreaker for me. I had "pull" email using smartphones from Verizon and Sprint and hated it. Since EDGE is ridiculously slower than the competition, I can only imaging hating it more.

So... if I can get push email with my regular email service like I already do on my Blackberry 8800, I'll be the next in line!

Maui

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2007
I too am curious about Push Email on the iPhone since it's a dealbreaker for me. I had "pull" email using smartphones from Verizon and Sprint and hated it. Since EDGE is ridiculously slower than the competition, I can only imaging hating it more.

So... if I can get push email with my regular email service like I already do on my Blackberry 8800, I'll be the next in line!

Your 8800 uses EDGE to transfer email.

kcadam

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2007
Your 8800 uses EDGE to transfer email.

Yeah, I know, but my Blackberry supports Push email for all my email accounts.

The issue is does the system tell my phone I have mail, like my Blackberry, or do I have to poll my email box at a interval set by my phone, wasting battery life by possibly spending needless phone and network resources to check for new messages when there aren't any.

traderx1

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2007
unable to pull yahoo mail

I am unable to pull my Yahoo mail on my iphone. I have paid Yahoo for pop3 access, and I can still access through Mail on my Mac, but I can not get it on my iphone. Says invalid password...

any thoughts?

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
I am unable to pull my Yahoo mail on my iphone. I have paid Yahoo for pop3 access, and I can still access through Mail on my Mac, but I can not get it on my iphone. Says invalid password...

any thoughts?

I also pay for pop access with my yahoo mail and got the same password error you did. so I added the yahoo account manually, tapping on the "other" field. make sure the settings on your mac and you should be fine. you might not get push email but you at least get mail.

Tsmith00

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2007
Yahoo Mail Q

Is there any way we can delete yhoo emails on iphone without impacting the server emails? Sems like everytime i delete an email, it gets deleted from main server too.

Gmail has an option to kee[ emails on server, but can't find it on yhoo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.