Free your iDevice from ads - SBAdBlockToggle

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Mac.World, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Hate those ads in Cydia, Safari, Atomic web browser, app Store and so on? This tweak works on every version of the iPhone and iPad (according to the author) and I can confirm it works on my iphone 4 and iPad 2.

It will competely neuter a site like CNET, but other sites like App Advice it just gets rid of the ads. But what I really live is how it kills all the crap ads in Cydia! This tweak was worth it just for that.

In order to get this download the source: repo.modyouri.com

Then downlad the tweak: SBAdblockToggle

Enjoy.

2. TheSacredSoul macrumors 6502a

3. Tokes Green, Jan 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2012

Tokes Green macrumors regular

Tokes Green

Brilliant :eek:

Just installed, Cydia items load much quicker without the ads!

Good find.

4. ThHeartlessHero, Jan 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2012

ThHeartlessHero macrumors member

I personally use AdBlocker. Paid app but works great for me an has a SBSettings toggle. I may give this a try just to see but AdBlocker let's you set manual rules, multiple languages, and can block ads in any app that has web browsing.

Seems this app does way more with integrated iAds and such including Cydia. I'm a bit wary seeing it install multiple things including Sudo but I will look into the app more when their site is out of maintenance.

5. TheSacredSoul macrumors 6502a

Can AdBlocker block Cydia ads?

6. Rampant.A.I. macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4s: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Atomic web browser has ads?

7. ThHeartlessHero macrumors member

I checked and not from what I can tell. I believe it was designed that way because it's the only app that doesn't show up in the app list even though all the other jailbreak apps .

Seems there is a tweak that can be applied trough iFile to block Cydia ads. I'm looking into it.

8. dchoe macrumors newbie

9. TypeMRT macrumors 6502

I paid for AdBlocker a couple of years ago and it has worked well until recently. I leave it on all the time but now ads are sneaking into Slacker Radio and SigAlert. And for some reason (maybe related or not), the Verge website crashes Safari because it's taking over a minute to load the page even on wifi.
    Anybody else have this problem? If I can't figure out a fix I'll give SBAdBlockToggle a try instead.

10. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

11. LoloBond macrumors 6502

I bought Adblocker and is not working for me I get ads everywhere, developer is not answering emails... he has till Monday or I will revert the charge.

12. ThHeartlessHero macrumors member

Did you enable it for the apps you use? By default, it only blocks ads in Safari. You need to go into settings and enable it for other applications on an individual basis.

13. LoloBond macrumors 6502

Yes, not working.

14. breezyf808 macrumors regular

Yaaah I had it for like a month and now it doesn't block all ads just some.
    My pandora sometimes acts up. When I open it, it shows a blank screen where an ad supposedly suppose to pop up and there's no done button, which makes me have to reboot my phone. Overall tho it helps block ads effectively. I'm wondering if Adblock and pandoraskip doesn't go well together

15. NanoNyrd macrumors regular

Many of those ad blockers appear to work best in the US. The list of sites to block often do not contain e.g. European ad networks :mad:

16. cclloyd macrumors 68000

cclloyd

Does this work without SB settings or any equivalent (including blocking in Settings, activator, and cydia) that doesn't need SBsettings?

17. surfologist87 macrumors 6502

I would love to jump this repos bones, but it aint workin for me either. Anywhere else i can get this?

18. murdoc158 macrumors regular

This one worked for me:

http://cydia.myrepospace.com/CyDevice/

19. surfologist87 macrumors 6502

20. anonymust macrumors member

anonymust

21. Dkorda macrumors 6502

I bought AdBlocker.. Was worthless to me, removed it.. Waste of money.

22. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Is the hosts list even functional at blocking? Been a while (internet time lol) since the author closed the project down. ;(