FreeAgent Go ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MrGando, Jun 23, 2009.

1. MrGando macrumors member

Hi guys, I want to buy a FreeAgent drive, the thing I was wondering and I'm not able to find, if it the vertical dock has the Firewire 800 connector, could anyone help me out here ? I want it for my new MBP 13''

2. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

what ever you do. do not buy the FreeAgent Xtreme with Firewire.

it will NOT work with OS X over firewire. only USB. i spent a weekend working on it.

3. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

4. aa521490 macrumors regular

Maybe reformat drive to hfs journaled?

5. PolySciSurfer macrumors 6502

Yep, that's the same drive I plan on getting for my MBP (when I get mine). I'm getting the 500 GB model for use with a 13" MBP 2.26. I plan on using it with firewire 800. It got great reviews, and has a 5 year warranty. SOLD. :D

6. ELab2 macrumors newbie

I got the Mercury On-The-Go from OWC 2 weeks ago and it's been really great so far. It's slightly larger than some of the others so it's not quite "fit in your pocket" but other than that it's great. One of the determining factors for me is that it had 2 firewire slots, a USB slot, and they sold a cheap power adapter for use as a backup ($4.99), the other is that I've read great things about their customer service and warranty service which is pretty important to me