Freehand's Official Demise

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nostaws, Jun 11, 2007.

1. nostaws macrumors 6502

nostaws

I knew it was coming and had read the tips for freehand to illustrator migration document. But today was the first day I read this on Adobe's site:

No updates to FreeHand have been made for more than four years, and Adobe has no plans to initiate development to add new features or to support Intel® based Macs or Microsoft® Windows Vista™ operating systems.

To support customer workflows, we will continue to sell FreeHand and offer technical and customer support in accordance with our policies.

While we know that FreeHand has a loyal customer base, we encourage users to migrate to new Adobe Illustrator® CS3 software, which supports both PowerPC® and Intel based Macs, Windows® XP, and Windows Vista.

Very sad. :(

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

It might be sad but it's been on the cards for a long time... people clinging onto doomed software in a production environment is harming our setup and some people's careers. Therefore, I don't miss it.

Gotta roll with the times as best as you can; there's always someone hungrier than you, fresher than you, coming out of college with a new bag of tricks.

Where are all the hot metal typesetters these days?