Freeiphoneswap.com

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iDmitry, Jul 25, 2008.

1. iDmitry macrumors member

iDmitry

I am wondering if this is a scam or not, www.freeiphoneswap.com is offering to pay you money for your old iPhone so you can use that money towards your new one. Sounds toog ood to be true and sounds like a scam. The reason why this might not be a scam, though, is because this story was featured in an article on Yahoo! and other websites that claim the site is legit. What do you guys think?:apple:

2. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Might be legit, but if your gonna dump your phone put it on ebay you can get 100 bucks or more then what they are offering.

3. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

Why would anyone use that service. ebay or craigslist will fetch you mor cash.

4. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

They're going for a lot more on eBay. I doubt it's a scam since original iPhones are selling so well.

5. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

I don't think it's a scam... but I just got $415 for my 8GB iPhone on eBay =)

6. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Just a simple way to get around the scam/sucker bait hassle on eBay and Craigslist.

If you can drop the phone on at one of their local locations, all the better.

At least that way no stolen/lost phones in transit.

---

Personally I'd rather walk out with a check in hand, at least that way you got check fraud on top of a scam.

7. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

clicking on the yahoo story link on the bottom of the page makes it seem legit. the miami herald link, however, is dead.

8. dancavallaro macrumors regular

That site is definitely legit. I think it was featured in the NYTimes also. My friend had an iPhone with a completely cracked screen, spiderwebbed and everything, and they bought it from him for like $50 off what they list on the site.

9. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Really not a bad method to easily collect complete iPhones (or at least phone+charger) for sale on eBay as unlocked units.

10. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

I'm sure that it's legit.

But I'm also sure that they just turn around and sell these things on eBay to turn a quick $50-100 profit just for doing some minor legwork.