Freeware app similar to Coversutra? (music)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Snow Flow, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Snow Flow macrumors newbie

Mostly I want to be able to view the album artwork w/o having to open up the itunes window and view it. I have the 10 day free trial of Coversutra, and I want and I don't want to pay for it.

So...wondering if there are any freeware apps that show off cover art unlike itunes, something like Coversutra. Thanks in advance

2. Snow Flow thread starter macrumors newbie

thats def a cool app. thank you! any other suggestions?

3. Sogo macrumors 6502

Well there are several that i found:

Menuet

sizzleingkeys

total tunes control

Of those, i would probably go with menuet, and if you want to see the artwork on the desktop, i would suggests using growl and have it display option on music video. Oh, menuet works fine under leopard, or at least i have yet to run into any problems.

Oh, i only mentioned the free ones, there are others such as synergy that you have to pay for.

4. mikelcroft macrumors regular

My personal favorite album art app is DeskTunes, it's very simple and out of the way. It isn't leopard compatible yet though, well it works, but the album art is squished 50% vertically... looks horrible, so I don't use it anymore.. I purchased CoverSutra, but don't like the album art display of it either, it's just huge and obtrusive. I'm hard to please, I guess.
    DeskTunes great if you're running tiger or earlier though.

The developer says he'll be open sourcing DeskTunes soon... So, I'm gonna keep my eyes out for it. :)

5. callmemike20 macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

Wow,

If I knew about all of these alternatives, I wouldn't of bought the mac heist bundle only for coversutra.