Freeware Personal Finance Software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nagihcim1, Jul 29, 2009.

?

What free personal financial software do you think is best?

This poll will close on Apr 7, 2023 at 7:40 PM.
  1. iCompta

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Buddi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Balance

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Cashbox

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. nagihcim1 macrumors newbie

I'm looking for something similar to gnucash for leopard (without the difficulty of actually installing gnucash on leopard). The only free apps I've found are

-iCompta
    -Buddi
    -Balance
    -Cashbox

I don't want any web applications like mint.com. Anyone have any other suggestions besides these 4 that are free? I'm looking for something simple where I can manually enter my income and expenses in different categories (ie. Auto, Food, Clothing, etc.) and then view reports based on the information.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I don't use freeware software for my personal finance. I use iBank, its the most full featured, stabled, and well rounded application out there for the Mac.

3. mongrol macrumors regular

ChaChing2 beta appears to be free at the moment. There's also StrongBox which is a fork of Cashbox before it went closed source.

4. SpeedBug macrumors newbie

Freeware: ExpressAccounts

Just wondering if anyone has experience using the ExpressAccounts freeware. It appears to have a good interface and I can't find any bad reviews on it(it's still rather new though). Reports appear limited to basics, but for personal finance and small business that may be Ok. Any comments would be appreciated. Here's the site for them: http://www.nchsoftware.com/accounting/index.html

Thanks

5. ValL macrumors newbie

There's also the free version of AceMoney (AceMoney Lite) which allows you to manage one account (or more than one with the $30 standard version). You can track spending in different categories and view reports.

6. AMessy macrumors member

I second mini$, I was previously using Pig Money on my Tiger machine and have since switched to mini$ when I went to Leopard. Very happy with it.

7. zhuzhu macrumors newbie

If you are happy with something simple that just tracks expenses against budgets then maybe look at Piggybudget which is freeware and written in Java.