Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sansa11

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 28, 2008
Obviously this isn't the best place to ask something about Windows software, but my Spanish teacher is wanting to make podcasts for the students. And so I tried Googling some freeware that might be helpful, but came up with a couple results that didn't exactly appeal to me.

I really liked the LemonzDream podcast maker, but unfortunately there's only a 30 day trial for it or you pay $29.99. She doesn't want to pay for it, since she is doing this on her own account.

I have seen that Audacity can make podcasts, but I'm afraid it might be too much. Is there anything out there like the LemonzDream podcast maker for Windows?

schwei56

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2008
Spanish Teacher Wants to Make Podcasts--Easier said than done

Obviously this isn't the best place to ask something about Windows software, but my Spanish teacher is wanting to make podcasts for the students. And so I tried Googling some freeware that might be helpful, but came up with a couple results that didn't exactly appeal to me.

I really liked the LemonzDream podcast maker, but unfortunately there's only a 30 day trial for it or you pay $29.99. She doesn't want to pay for it, since she is doing this on her own account.

I have seen that Audacity can make podcasts, but I'm afraid it might be too much. Is there anything out there like the LemonzDream podcast maker for Windows?

Hi, I discovered your query because I'm preparing a proposal for my church to podcast the pastor's sermons.

First, visit this website: http://www.how-to-podcast-tutorial.com/17-audacity-tutorial.htm

Now that you've read all that I want to make a point or two to you and your teacher:

1-Spending money for podcast software that makes the process faster and easier is no different from buying other school supplies, like paper, glue, staples, whatever you use for projects to facilitate learning. If your teacher's budget is completely allocated this year, take the time to learn how to do it now and make the spending decisions later.

2-Podcasting is not like recording messages on an answering machine for someone else to receive--it is a learned skill, like using a word processor to create a well-formatted document, attaching the document to an e-mail, and transmitting it to a dozen or so people.

. . . I'm afraid it might be too much.

No pain, no gain. How many of your colleagues would like to learn how to podcast themselves? Here's their opportunity to help out, and learn a very valuable (and potentially profitable) skill. Who knows, you might get on the news or something. In any case, your teacher's bosses will have to approve. They usually do when it doesn't cost anything. Your teacher'll get in trouble if you try to pitch in with dollars, but you can still share the effort of research and learning. ¡Mejores deseos y buena suerte!

S56

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.