Freezing after Security Update 2019-002 10.13.6

CoolBradG

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 7, 2010
I installed the newly released updates for Safari and MacOS this morning on my iMac Mid 2011 (Intel Core i5, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD). However, my iMac now seems to be freezing randomly, especially when trying to wake it up from sleeping. I'm convinced the update is the culprit because everything was working normally before I installed it.

Anyone else experiencing problems with this update? Should I try rolling back with Time Machine?

Sidenote: Still bummed Mojave isn't supported on this machine. With more RAM and an SSD, it runs better than when it was originally bought.

CoolBradG

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 7, 2010
Update: Did not end up rolling back with time machine. Not sure if it was just a coincidence after initially installing, but my iMac has been working normally again since yesterday.

CoolBradG

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 7, 2010
I've installed it twice so far . Although I did click check for updates twice.
Mine also performed the update twice oddly enough. First on Tuesday morning, then a few days later my computer said the same update was available again, even though it showed it was installed already.

I'm wondering if Apple tweaked something and re-pushed the update? The second install was definitely quicker and smoother.