Freezing BT Mice?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by dgdosen, Apr 12, 2008.

1. dgdosen macrumors 65816

dgdosen

Does anyone have problems with Mac Pros and freezing BT Mice? Every so often, my BT mouse freezes on me for a few seconds. It's more than frustrating!

What's the suggestion? Switch to plain old wireless mouse?

2. darwinian macrumors 6502a

darwinian

MBP but BT problems ...

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't pick up on the few seconds thing. Probably not meaningful, my reply:

Hey, it's not on my Mac Pro, but my MBP has freezing mice problems. I've read a number of reports regarding this, though I've focused on ones that include keyboard and mouse, in which one or both will freeze.

Specifically, my older Apple BT keyboard and older Apple BT mouse will be connected to the MBP (Jul 2007), and all of a sudden both the mouse and keyboard will stop being responsive. Kernel events related to BT are logged in the system.log. My best workaround is to turn off the keyboard, wait until the disconnect bezel appears, and then reconnect the keyboard.

When I disconnect the keyboard, the mouse works again with no hassle. When I reconnect the keyboard, both work again properly.

This happened frequently on Leopard until 10.5.2, where it now happens very infrequently but has occurred.

3. PodPacker macrumors regular

PodPacker

Same Here

I've got the same issue with my Wireless Mighty Mouse and 2007 Apple WKB. It loses the connection sometimes at startup and sometimes after sleep. I wonder if this happens with new WKBs? I hate the new models since they have no keypad.

4. wsu108 macrumors newbie

I have both new Wireless keyboard and mighty mouse connected to the MP. I used to let MP go to sleep, both Keyboard and Mouse were working fine after MP waking up.

The only problem I had was that I connected the PC version of Logitech Ultravision SE to the back of MP. When the MP booted, the BT adapter disappeared. Needless to say, I had to connect the wired keyboard & mouse to check on the problem. After couple days of trying, I finally find out that's the webcam causing all those trouble. So I connected the webcom to my Dell monitor which has a built-in USB HUB, the MP started to act normal and it could recognize the webcam after boot (even when I re-installed the Leopard, it recognized the webcam).

So now I am happy with the new wireless keyboard & mouse.