freezing installer... wtf

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by clubird, May 26, 2008.

1. clubird macrumors newbie

i've jailbroken my 8gb 1.1.4 ipod touch like 5 times. and everytime it finishes and i go on installer, it loads and opens to the featured page like it should, but as soon as i touch an option [such as install, sources, uninstall] it does absolutely nothing, and just freezes

:mad:

HOW DO I FIX THAT????

2. trevorriseling macrumors newbie

3. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

SSH in and delete remotepackages.plist from the /installer.app folder

4. clubird thread starter macrumors newbie

i used ziphone

5. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

did you try my suggestion? its helped alot of ppl out on another site im a denizen of.:apple:

6. clubird thread starter macrumors newbie

well.....to be honest, im an idiot and i have no idea what your suggestion even means!

7. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

lol srry about that, im a big contributor of Ipodtouchfans dot com, and the workings of jailbreaking and how the ipod works is better understood there.

my suggestion taht would be easier for you is to abandon that crappy thing you call ziphone (it was developed for the phone) and just use iliberty+ (its for the touch specifically) to jailbreak.

google for iliberty+ , restore ipod, use the program, and your problem should be solved. there are sum bugs that can happen with either program but from my experience this one doesnt happen that much with iliberty+

8. clubird thread starter macrumors newbie

ok, thanks. and i can still restore my ipod if that doesnt work right?

9. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

correct, the only thing THOUGHT to be able to fully brick an ipod right now is a program called winpwn or the pwnage tool because they tamper with the seperate boot partition that allows the ipod to go into recovery/restore/DFU mode.

iliberty+ doesnt touch this area

10. clubird thread starter macrumors newbie

whaaaaaaaaa? hahah dont bother explaining that to me. but sounds good. where'd u learn all this weird computer stuff anyways?

11. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

ive always been interested in tech stuff, and as an active member of tech forums, u tend to pick up a thing here an there. i hope to pick up as much if not more info in my NEXT 16 years as i have in my first:apple:

12. clubird thread starter macrumors newbie

oh haha. good on ya mate