Freezing iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bfuk, Feb 22, 2011.

1. bfuk macrumors newbie

Hey ppl. I jailbroke my phone as soon as I could using greenpois0n when it first came out and had no problems with it all.

A couple of weeks ago I started having issues with the phone hanging and being unresponsive out of the blue. This tends to happen when am using iPod to change tracks, sending SMS or even just locking the phone with the sleep button. It's almost as if it is doing some kind of process before it can move on.

Last week I decided to do a full restore and upgrade to 4.2.1 and then jailbreak with the latest greenpois0n but am having the same issues with freezing and slow response times. The new jailbreak has only snap tap, screendimmer and bite SMS. Decided it may have been the many winterboard themes that may have been slowing it down but seems to not be this.

Any others having these issues? Have had a search in the forums but can't seem to see any solutions around.

2. irishloveguines macrumors member

i get this ALL THE TIME as well :/
    glad its not just a problem i have, hopefully we lcan find a solution to it. i keep wondering if its an app conflicting of some sort. but can't pin it down

3. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

Do you open the app switcher and close all of your apps (depending on your settings, it is usually double-tapping the home button)? I have this issue on my iPhone 3GS quite often and opening the app switcher and closing all of the apps always helps.

4. Missjenna macrumors 6502a

Missjenna

I was having problems with my iphone (jailbroken with GP) all last weekend. I ended up restoring and using pwnage tool to JB, and no issues so far. Might be worth a shot if you have a mac.

5. bfuk thread starter macrumors newbie

I have been using my iPhone4 unjailbroken for a week now and miss the apps like screendimmer, snap tap etc, will try again without winterboard and see how I get on.

6. sweetie macrumors newbie

7. sweetie macrumors newbie

Im sorry, I meant what guide or web site service you got to unlock it ?

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Is this a serious post?