Freezing issue / Genius Bar

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Armymacuser, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Armymacuser macrumors newbie

After dealing with my 13inch 2015 Retina MBP suffering daily kernel panics, I brought it into the Apple Store for service. In the notes, the Genius wrote this:

-Run full ASD both EFI & OS in an attempt to catch the cause.
    -If failures are found replaced required part - likely logic board.
    -if no issues are found then RFP as NTF.

Any ideas what RFP as NTF means? I don't want them to give it back to me and say "it's fine". It's been crashing non-stop.

Thanks for your help!

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I'd suggest asking the Apple employee what they mean.

NTF - typically means No Trouble Found.

3. Armymacuser thread starter macrumors newbie

I would ask but I wasn't in the store. Wife brought it in for me.

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Send Apple an email? Call them? It's likely that nobody on here will know. Maybe RFP is an abbreviation for a transaction that they have to perform when they're finishing up s repair in their system.

Personally, I'd let them do the repair and see if the computer is working as it should be.

5. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

I think you will find that RFP would mean (more or less) Ready For Production (or use)

The report said that "if no issues are found then RFP as NTF"
    I would interpret that to mean that if the testing doesn't find any faults, then it will be returned to you.

But, you didn't say that they called to tell you that it was ready, so perhaps they will be replacing the logic board as a result of a failure of the testing, if any.
    If they don't find a hardware issue, then you get the MBPro back (RFP as NTF)

On second thought, RFP might also mean Recommend Further Progress, which could be that they need to let you know if they recommend some other service.

6. Cuniac macrumors 6502a

Just call that Apple Store and ask them. It will probably take 3min. I would be super curious to know what it means.