Freezing issues in iOS 7

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by rileyb76, Jan 17, 2014.

1. rileyb76 macrumors member

Have any of you guys had the freezing up issue? I'm running 7.0.4 on an iPhone 5 and iOS 7 will constantly freeze up. I just plugged up to iTunes, restored the iPhone, and setup as new (*not* from backup). I kept opening the default apple apps and it still freezes. Once it freezes the touch becomes unresponsive. I have to lock the phone, then swipe to unlock, then you can use it again.

I actually just got a different iPhone, restored from backup, and this iPhone doesn't freeze up any - which again, is from the backup that my previous iPhone was using.

Does this sound like a hardware issue or something that could be resolved in 7.1? It is unfortunately out of warranty, and I'm sure Apple would charge an arm and a leg to replace.

Just curious as to if anyone else is having these freezing issues?

2. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

happens a few times on the air, not so much on iphone. both running 7.0.4

3. Wando64 macrumors 6502

It has happened to me a couple of time on the Air.
    I found that in those cases it better to switch off the iPad completely and then reboot rather than just reset. Since I have done that a few weeks back it hasn't happened again. (Though I am sure it will at some point as it is clearly an IOS7 issue)

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

turn off iMessage and see if it responds better. I remember there was a weird issue in one of the betas where iMessage would keep trying to activate and was unable to causing the entire OS to lag and freeze up.