Freezing issues - Macbook Pro late 2008

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by madkeen, Aug 10, 2013.

1. madkeen macrumors newbie

I have a late 2008 unibody Macbook Pro which first started giving me grief about 6 months ago.

SYMPTOMS:
    - Whenever streaming internet for around 45 minutes, computer becomes hot, and freezes as if due to memory issues. This sometimes happens when not streaming but almost always Google Chrome is open.
    - Sometimes my internet connection stops and when I go to turn Airport off it won't allow me to turn it back on again, and I have to do a shutdown/restart.

ATTEMPTS TO RESOLVE:
    - I have done a clean install 3-4 months ago in order to get some performance back. There was a small improvement, however I would still get the occasional glitch freezes.
    - So then I replaced the 2x2GB Ram with new ones, no change.
    Now I have replaced the HDD with a new 750GB and it's still freezing whilst in Safari, even though I have yet to restore any data/programs.

I could be mistaken, but these freezes really seem like memory failure as the mouse/screen will be locked, and if there was sound playing at the time of the freeze it will repeat a glitched sample continuosly.

The logic board is also only about 1.5 years old as I recall having it replaced on the final day of my 3 years Applecare warranty.

Anyone have a suggestion of how I could monitor the performance or record a log in order to determine the issue here? Would really appreciate any input or suggestions because I am at a bit of a loss. PLEASE HELP!

2. sofianito macrumors 65816

sofianito

3. xpaulinax macrumors member

i have this same problem! except i have a macbook and not a macbook pro. let me know if you find a solution.