Freezing screen with the 6 plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kevinkyoo, Apr 18, 2016.

1. kevinkyoo macrumors 6502a

kevinkyoo

So I brought my first 6+ to the Apple store and complained of this issue. More specifically, touch won't be registered - I can use the home button to go to different apps, etc., but any touches on the screen won't go through. I have to turn off my phone and turn it back on. At first, this wasn't a problem, but if I have to do this at least 1-3 times a day, it adds up and gets frustrating.

The rep, with no hesitation, gave me a replacement and stated that "those with a specific serial number have been shown to have these issues." This led me to believe that the "older" batches of iPhone 6+'s would have the problem, and the newer ones would not. Well I've had as many freezes on this phone than the other, which makes me believe that this is just a problem with the 6+ in general.

Does anyone else have this problem? Does it also translate into the 6s+ model? It's just frustrating how many problems Apple's devices have, and not just the phones.

2. ACG12 macrumors 6502a

Mine started doing it on the latest update. Not sure if they'll do anything for me since it's been out of warranty for 6 months.

3. planetf1 macrumors 6502

planetf1

I'm getting same but on 6s+ and only noticed with 932b1

4. now i see it macrumors 65816

I've been using a new iPhone 6+ now for a month and everything about it is flawless. Everything works perfectly (as it should). I've had an app freeze once or twice, but never the phone. I use a lot of apps too. There's nothing intrinsically wrong with the 6+. You've got a lemon. Return it.

It is a very good idea (recommended) to turn off your phone each day for a bit to reboot. If you keep it on all the time it can get flakey.

5. Jeremy12345 macrumors regular

My iPhone 6 plus freezes all of a sudden i have to either restart it or turn it on and back on?
    idk what to do?

6. lclev macrumors regular

lclev

I have had my iPhone 6+ since November 2014. I have never experienced any issues with the touch screen. No freezes or lock ups - nothing. It has performed flawlessly. I did have to have the camera replaces as it was part of a recall for failure to focus issues but that was a quick fix at the Apple store.

I rarely restart it. It is currently running iOS 9.3.1

If you have apple care + and are close to an apple store I would suggest taking it in.

7. Jeremy12345 macrumors regular

I don't have Apple care :( i got mine about a year ago
    EDIT: 2 June 2016 is the day till my warranty ends.

8. lclev macrumors regular

lclev

Well you have till June 2nd and I would make the trip if you have a store near. Having them run a diagnostics is free anyway. It just is not normal. My iPhone 6+ is my first one. I had Samsung phones before. When the larger screen was offered and made the switch and I am very glad I did. I have better reception with my iPhone than any previous phone I owned. I live in a very rural area and signal strength is always an issue. I carry the phone with a light case on it in my back pocket all the time. I sit on it and toss it around a lot so it is not babied and no issues.

If it were me, I would get it looked at as that is unacceptable. I don't know about you but my phone is a lifeline I depend on and it has to work.

9. Jeremy12345 macrumors regular

My Phone looks like a 50 year old Phone cause i have no case theres a ton of dents etc