freezing up!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iEric, Sep 22, 2009.

1. iEric macrumors 6502a

Hi all - hope you can help me with something...

I just bought a new refurb mac (17 inch, 3.06 ghz) but it seems to be freezing up (with that rainbow balloon icon) all the time. i could be just web browsing and scrolling down on a page and it will freeze....so annoying...

any hints? i've already repaired permissions....

thanks in advance

2. Mr_Ed macrumors 6502

Might help to provide more details like what versions of Mac OS and Safari you are running. I assume it's not something simple like a bad internet connection.

Does the entire computer "freeze" or is it just the application you are using at the time (like Safari)? It may just be the application.

Can you switch to other applications (like "Finder") by using 'Cmd-Tab', and are they responsive? If you can type 'Cmd-Alt-Esc' to get the application list and see something like "Safari (not responding)" it means Safari is the only one having the problem. I would try Force Quit on the application. After re-starting it, I would empty the cache ("Safari" menu). It could also be an issue with an item in your Keychain, though I've seen those issues causing problems with Mail freezing up than with Safari. Try running the "First Aid" inside the Keychain application's menu (Applications/Utilities/Keychain).

3. djarpit macrumors regular

i am having the same problem.
    I am surfing online in safari or firefox it feezes for 10 seconds
    then i am on i chat it froze for 10 seconds. been happening for 10 days now.. its pissing me off.. i bought a mac for its stability and now :(

could it be snow leapord?

4. jasko macrumors 6502

jasko

mine does this also. never had this problem with a mac before. please tell me there's a fix. it seems to happen on my itunes a lot. :mad: