freezing

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tomaquar, Nov 24, 2012.

1. tomaquar macrumors newbie

My system is freezing far too often. Used disc utility to verify and repair permissions, verified the disc, run "Tune up my Mac", checked for viruses with Avast (removed one virus) and noted 8 warnings. Ive googled all the warnings and the gist was that each of these were highly compressed files that were needed. Any other suggestions.

Next Firefox is causing lots of problems. Dont know if its coincidence but I noticed this after google chrome installed itself when I wasnt paying attention. I occasionally get an error message saying "voicefive" is not responding. The blogs tend to say this is no big deal. When I open firefox I also get a yellow notice banner saying adobe flash isn't working. I dont get this warning in Safari.

I want to uninstall chrome and firefox then reinstall firefox. I know the information is in here somewhere. Could I please get someone to direct me to the information for uninstalling firefox specifically and programs generally. I've tried the posts I have found and have failed. My laptop is a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.6.8

Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro7,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 3 MB
    Memory: 4 GB
    Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
    Boot ROM Version: MBP71.0039.B05
    SMC Version (system): 1.62f6

Thanks

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you're having performance issues, this may help:
    If you found a virus, it was a Windows virus, which cannot affect your Mac. There has never been a Mac OS X virus in the wild. There are a few trojans. Read the following link for details, as well as steps to protect your Mac.
    The most effective method for complete app removal is manual deletion: