French Iphone buyer

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nieutz, Mar 3, 2016.

1. nieutz macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I'm contacting you because i'm a (civil no professional) french guy living in Paris who want to make a little iPhones business.
    Here in Paris, the price of used iphone are much more expansive than in US.
    So i would like to know if my business proposal is a good idea or not.
    For example in Paris the best price you can get for an iPhone 6 64 Gb perfect condition with the box and charger is 500 euros so approximatly 550 dollars.
    I think there is little money to make.
    In Paris i often sell used Iphone i buy on french free ads. I know it's sold within a day in paris if it's in perfect condition.
    The paiement could be done trough paypal as it's safe.
    According to you, is it a good idea to sell american used iPhone in Paris ?
    Thanks

2. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

Here are some possible issues I could see:

1. Finding an American seller who would be willing to ship the device to you in Paris.

2. Verifying if the device is locked to a US-based carrier or if it's unlocked. Obviously you would want unlocked iPhones only.

3. Will it work on the carriers in France?

4. Will you have to declare the shipment to customs and pay some sort of tax/fee on it?

3. nieutz thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, i need to find an american seller. I don't know which is the website to buy used iPhone and i'll be more convenient to find an associate because sending the phone to France and waiting the payment through paypal can be quite annoying i can imagine when you only want to sell your used phone. But if i can find an associate their is money to make. We start small and see what it happens !
    I need unlocked phone only.
    For the custom fee, i don't know about it... Do uou have to pay if you szy it's a family present ? For example...

4. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

A fairly common website people use to purchase used iPhones in the US is swappa.com however I am not sure if they allow shipping outside of the US as I've never purchased from them. You can check on that website to get an idea of how much iPhones are selling in the US to see if there's money to be made once it's shipped to France and sold there.

From a sellers perspective from the US, it would be difficult to get them to declare the item as a gift or a present because if for some reason they didn't get a payment for the phone they wouldn't have much seller protection as they claimed it as being a gift to begin with.

5. nieutz thread starter macrumors newbie

I went to swappa. And i didn't find a seller agree to ship to France...
    I know perfectly the price to sell an iPhone in 4 hours in Paris :
    450€ for an iPhone 16 Go
    500€ for an iPhone 64 Go
    500€-530€ for an iPhone 6S 16 Go
    More than 600€ for an iPhone 6S 64 Go