Frequent freezing/black screen/bootloop after updating to 11.1 on the iPhone 7 Plus

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by Roush, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Roush macrumors newbie

So a day after i updated to 11.1, i started to get black screens very often. Basically my screen won’t turn on after i lock the phone. I still get feedback from my home button and nothing else.

I restored my iPhone last night using recovery mode using iTunes and restored with iCloud but that still didn’t fix the issue. This morning it happened 4 or 5 times and i managed to get the screen working by either plugging it to the charger or force restart.

Anyone else having this issue? Is there a way to fix it other than restoring the device via iTunes? Because i already did that one.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

2. M5RahuL macrumors 68030

M5RahuL

Apple should REALLY re-sign iOS 10 (with the KRACK fix) so people can roll back and actually be able to rely on their devices!

I’m sorry I can’t offer any help.. Had a similar issue and the only solution (I couldn’t even power off the device. All I could do is adjust the volume! ) was to erase the device from iCloud.com !

iOS 11 is seriously effed up imo!!!

Hope you get it resolved bud..I feel your frustration!!
    --- Post Merged, Nov 2, 2017 ---
    Just wondering..did you try a ‘network reset’ ?

3. Roush thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes did it twice last night! I actually have a feeling that my home wifi is causing it since im at college rightnow and havent experinced any issues so far.

Is it possible that my wifi connection can **** up my phone that much?

4. AllergyDoc macrumors 68000

AllergyDoc

It seems bizarre it would.
    But, when you get home you could try restarting the router and/or modem. I used to have to restart my Apple router, but I never had the kind of problems you're having with iOS 11.1. I've seen on FB were others are, but my 7+ is running smoothly. Actually, was running smoothly; I'm on the 11.2 beta now.

5. M5RahuL macrumors 68030

M5RahuL

That'd be weird, but possible.. I'd try rebooting your router at home and take it from there. If it still happens, try using it (on WiFi) at a friend's place, if possible.

Another viable solution ( if your home wifi isn't playing well with the device ) is to reset your router ( it's a PITA, but might be worth it ) to rule out this possibility.

6. MohammadAG macrumors newbie

Friend of mine has this issue (and had it during the betas), attempted to fix it for him by restoring, didn’t work and the issue came back 4-5 times.

Eventually downgraded to 11.0.3 and the device has been fine ever since. I filed a bug report to Apple but got no replies.

It’s not related to WiFi since another iPhone 7 in his house doesn’t have the issue.