Frequent locations effect on battery

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jcorbin, Oct 21, 2016.

1. jcorbin macrumors 6502a

has anyone used frequent locations long enough to tell if it has an impact on battery life?

2. techiebug macrumors 6502a

I turn on location for almost all apps. Of course it'll affect the battery but I've had fantastic battery life I don't even bother turning it off to see the difference

3. jcorbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

I do as well. Frequent locations is a system app that tracks your location throughout the day to give you more relavent alerts and information

4. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

I turned them off from day one. Almost all of them. Don't need alerts and location based ads. Just my opinion.

5. IndianBird macrumors 6502a

Interesting take.

But what about battery effects?

6. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

I am getting 2 full days out of a charge. 8-9 hours of usage with 50+ standby.

7. HEK macrumors 68040

HEK

Here is a novel idea. See what your battery life is like with it on. Then turn it off and see if you notice a difference. That way you will know for sure if and how it affects your phone, in your location. Instead of relying on someone else's opinion. Just a suggestion, not trying to be a wise ass.

8. IndianBird macrumors 6502a

Please direct that to the OP.

I'm not asking the question. My locations, notifications, etc are all on all the time.

I merely told that guy to respond regarding the battery life since that's what OP wanted to know.

9. HEK macrumors 68040

HEK

Thanks, hit the wrong reply.......:eek:
    --- Post Merged, Oct 21, 2016 ---
    Here is a novel idea. See what your battery life is like with it on. Then turn it off and see if you notice a difference. That way you will know for sure if and how it affects your phone, in your location. Instead of relying on someone else's opinion. Just a suggestion, not trying to be a wise ass.