Frequent locations effect on battery

jcorbin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
D.C.
has anyone used frequent locations long enough to tell if it has an impact on battery life?

techiebug

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2013
I turn on location for almost all apps. Of course it'll affect the battery but I've had fantastic battery life I don't even bother turning it off to see the difference

jcorbin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
D.C.
I do as well. Frequent locations is a system app that tracks your location throughout the day to give you more relavent alerts and information

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
Interesting take.

But what about battery effects?
Here is a novel idea. See what your battery life is like with it on. Then turn it off and see if you notice a difference. That way you will know for sure if and how it affects your phone, in your location. Instead of relying on someone else's opinion. Just a suggestion, not trying to be a wise ass.

Reactions: C DM and ABC5S

IndianBird

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2009
Here is a novel idea. See what your battery life is like with it on. Then turn it off and see if you notice a difference. That way you will know for sure if and how it affects your phone, in your location. Instead of relying on someone else's opinion. Just a suggestion, not trying to be a wise ass.
Please direct that to the OP.

I'm not asking the question. My locations, notifications, etc are all on all the time.

I merely told that guy to respond regarding the battery life since that's what OP wanted to know.

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
Please direct that to the OP.

I'm not asking the question. My locations, notifications, etc are all on all the time.

I merely told that guy to respond regarding the battery life since that's what OP wanted to know.
Thanks, hit the wrong reply.......:eek:
[doublepost=1477093813][/doublepost]
has anyone used frequent locations long enough to tell if it has an impact on battery life?

Reactions: IndianBird