Frequent Locations

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Armen, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

This feature is driving me crazy.

Has anyone figured out what logic is used to determine when this feature takes a snapshot of where you are?

There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason. It took a snapshot of me at home 2 times, work 2 times and then some random place I don't frequent at all. :confused:

2. Apple blogger macrumors 6502a

What do mean by snapshot??

Well, I think it's a feature to improve apple maps .. And to add a google map like feature in android which checks ur frequent route and when u search for directions, it gives the best route u could follow based on ur route.
    I have personally kept all those services off as they are a complete battery drain!

3. bransoj macrumors 6502a

I've been running the frequent locations since the beta versions and not had any battery issues with it at all.

4. Zcott macrumors 68020

Likewise.

5. hafr macrumors 68030

The way it seems to work is that once you've been within a fairly small area for more than 30 minutes, it marks it as a frequent location even if it's the first time you're there.

The random place, is it a place you've never even been to?

----------

I did that too in the beginning, then I decided to try it and I haven't noticed any kind of excessive battery drain what so ever.

6. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

It registers everywhere you go for the most part, and then keeps tally of how often you visit those places.

7. Armen thread starter macrumors 604

Armen

thats the thing. it doesn't register everywhere you go. my frequent locations only shows 4 places although I travel around a lot. one of those places I haven't been to more than once in 4 months and it still thinks its frequent.

----------

it was a BBQ place we went to one time. I don't know why that's considered frequent.

8. fortheus macrumors regular

It checks how long and how often you're at that point.