Frequently Bought Together (in Amazon)

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by ortho.dr, Apr 23, 2012.

1. ortho.dr, Apr 23, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2012

ortho.dr macrumors newbie

Hi everyone

sometimes when you want to buy something from Amazon.com , usually another item come beside it as (Frequently Bought Together).
    I asked Amazon.com if it is usually shipped together , they said that is is according to the items if thery are available at the same store.

What is from your experience ? Are these items usually shipped together
    Actually I would like to buy a cover with its stylus (iFrogz summit case) , and shipping together matters me very much as it will be costly if shipped individually.

(Actually I am outside US , but I have US address managed by a company which they are forewarding the packages for me. If they send it separatly , that company will send it separatly and it will charge me as separate shipments.)

Thank you

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

I'm on my phone, so I can't see your location. If you're in the US though, they'll ship from whatever warehouse is available. I've rarely had an individual shipment, for anything. Once they even sent two of the same item separately.

You don't have to pay more when this happens though; unless you're ordering through an international courier.

3. ortho.dr thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much for fast reply

Actually I am outside US , but I have US address managed by a company which they are forewarding the packages for me.

If they send it separatly , that company will send it separatly and it will charge me as separate shipments

thanks

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Amazon ships as many items together as possible. This usually ends up in a few shipments per order. For example, I ordered coffee and boxing gloves, they came together. This is the first time I've ever seen grocery shipped with anything else. Another time I ordered a flash drive, coffee, carpet cleaner, and a DVD, I got 4 shipments.

It is a crap shoot really.

5. HDJulie macrumors demi-goddess

Seems like Amazon used to have two options for multiple items -- one, I want my items faster so ship them as they become available, & two, I want my items shipped together. Do they not have that any more?

6. ortho.dr thread starter macrumors newbie

well , that makes me more comfortable

Thank you

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Actually yes. :eek: I don't check it as I believe it would delay the 2-day shipping time for me that I get free being a Prime member. If I weren't a Prime member I would probably check it.

8. batotman macrumors 6502

If its rope, duct tape, and a shovel Im going to say yes....