Fresh Apple Displays-A Query for Thee!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Ye Black Knight, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Ye Black Knight macrumors newbie

Ye Black Knight

Greetings messageboardians of ye Mac Rumors! For I am but a visitor to these boards, and I bid thee good tidings!

To these boards-o-messages I often "lurk" to gain'eth precious insights to ye fine computo-box which be'ith named for a most noble and nourishing fruit! Thine knowledge and dedication to these computo-boxes by ye messageboardians be'ith unmatched across ye breadth and width of these very interwebs!

'Tis a query for ye, that this knight present'eth: Shall a fresh display be forge'th'd by Apple that has a port-o-thunder, as well as feature a canvas more diminutive that two-score-plus-seven inches?

This post now concludeth!

2. Ye Black Knight thread starter macrumors newbie

Ye Black Knight

Lo, for mayhaps a different consortium may forge'th such a more diminutive display, such as Samsung or NEC?

3. dlimes13 macrumors 6502a

dlimes13

4. Ye Black Knight thread starter macrumors newbie

Ye Black Knight

Forsooth! This humble knight hath intentions to purchase a fresh display for mine computo-box, and Apple be'ith mine preference.

Yet ye price is steep for this modest knight and it's canvas' size too generous for mine confined lair.

Yet if another display be'ith forged, for a price most modest as well as sporting a port-o-thunder, then wait'eth shall I to act upon this acquisition!

5. Tanax macrumors 6502a

Haha, I love the way you talk :D
    "canvas size too generous for mine confined lair" :rolleyes:

I want to see Pirates Of The Caribbean now..

6. alFR macrumors 68020

Egad!

I think the jury's still out on whether anyone else will make TB displays: I'd guess they will, but when is anyone's guess given how slowly the other TB peripherals seem to be coming through. There are plenty of options with mini DisplayPort though, like the Dell U2410.

7. Ye Black Knight thread starter macrumors newbie

Ye Black Knight

Grammercy, dear alFR! Thine words of counsel be'ith most welcome!

A further inquiry may I proffer thee: If a laptop MacBookPro computo-box connect'eth'd to ye Dell U2410 using said DisplayPort, shall ye laptop act'eth as a second display, or only act as CPU to ye Dell display?

To restate this query: be'ith this knight in need of two-fold port-o-thunder devices for laptop and additional display to both act as monitors, or can this result be found with DisplayPort-sporting displays?

8. Lennyvalentin macrumors 6502a

Lennyvalentin

The external display will work in conjunction with the integrated screen of your computo-box, so don't you worry, noble knight. :D

All you have to do is NOT check the "mirror displays" checkbox on the "Arrangement" tab in the Displays applet of System Preferences. Since that box is unchecked by default you don't actually have to do anything to make it work, which is quite nice. Just plug in the screen, and start using it.

9. FoundAHalo macrumors member

FoundAHalo

Not to pour hot oil on your Medieval parade, but being that Apple does not make any display, let alone a "port-o-thunder" one, with a size of 47 inches, I believe your interpretation of "two-score" is a little off.

:)