Fresh install fixed all my problems!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gentlefury, Sep 2, 2012.

1. gentlefury macrumors 68030

I have been having lots of sleep and screen saver problems. When it would wake from sleep it would either crash, or lock up every app. When I started a screen saver it would get stuck in the screen saver when you typed your password, and the picture based screen savers were slow and choppy on external displays. This has been driving me crazy. I figured the best course of action was the do a clean re-install, since this computer was restored and upgraded from another computer that was upgraded also...so technically I haven't done a clean install since Snow Leopard.

I went into recovery and actually wiped the Macintosh HD, installed ML and then used migration assistant to get everything back. No more problems! Yay! So if anyone else is having similar problems that worked for me.

2. whoknows87 macrumors 6502a

whoknows87

sounds like u figured it all out, I'm having a bigger issue and cant seem to figure it out I installed a new HD and the MBP does not recognize it so I cant install OS X on the Driver it's no where to be found, I put my old HD back in the laptop and it recognizes the darn thing ( corrupted one).... I'm lost