Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Justenzy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2012
Hey everyone.
So i left my MBP to download during the night (about 10 hours), now i woke up to see it says 4 hours and 59 minutes remaining, it doesnt look like its going to move either. What can i do.
(By fresh install i meant i bought a second hand MBP and bought Lion on a different computer than cleared my HDD and downloaded it from the ID.
No way it should take this long. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

mohsy90

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2011
New York
Hey everyone.
So i left my MBP to download during the night (about 10 hours), now i woke up to see it says 4 hours and 59 minutes remaining, it doesnt look like its going to move either. What can i do.
(By fresh install i meant i bought a second hand MBP and bought Lion on a different computer than cleared my HDD and downloaded it from the ID.
No way it should take this long. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Create a bootable USB instead of using the internet installation. Hold down option on boot and first format the drive using disk utility and then try installation again. Internet installation is very slow, the USB will be much faster. It looks like something went wrong during your installation, it should take no longer than 1-2 hours, depending on your internet connection.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.