Fresh install of Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by CiaranFinnegan, Aug 7, 2010.

1. CiaranFinnegan macrumors newbie

Hi, so basically I was trying to install Windows 7 via bootcamp and it wouldn't let me make a partition due to my Hard Drive being so fragmented.
    So i tired to de-frag it with a number of programs and it's just doing my head in.

I have only used 30GB of my 160GB drive, most of it I don't mind loosing.
    I got a Snow Leopard disk with my MacBook. Could I reformat the HDD and install a fresh copy of Snow Leopard or do i need the original leopard to do this?

I'm not too experienced when it comes to this, any help would be appreciated!

2. celticpride678

You can use the Snow Leopard disk. Boot into the disk, use Disk Utility to erase the hard drive and then launch the installer to install Snow Leopard.

3. CiaranFinnegan thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you know where I could get a very clear step to step guide on how to do this :) AKA noob instructions

Thanks!

EDIT: I think I know how, do I put in the Snow Leopard disk on bootup and hold down on C or something and go from there?

4. koco macrumors newbie

yes, hold down C when u hear the apple chime and it will go into install mode. Just do a google search for installing snow leopard. You'll probably find a hundred tutorials.