Fresh install of Tiger - Photo Booth and Software Update don't work.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by The General, Sep 1, 2007.

1. The General macrumors 601

I'm not sure what the problem is ... I don't really know how to diagnose it either. When I try to run Photo Booth the icon bounces once and the program never runs. The camera is functional, I can access it using Quicktime (File -> New Movie Record).

The same thing happens with Software Update ... I go to :apple: -> Software Update and the icon shows up in the Dock and disappears immediately. :(

EDIT: I installed Tiger over Leopard using the "backup this system and do a full install" method, but some applications seem to still exist in /Applications. I should probably backup, format, and do a completely fresh install. I need to go buy an external harddrive first ... :(

2. kolax macrumors G3

Put in OSX CD1 and browse it to install the applications - I can't remember the exact folder off the top of my head.

You can select PhotoBooth and so on to reinstall.

3. The General thread starter macrumors 601

It still does the same thing. :(

I'm heading to Best Buy to get an external harddrive (I have a 500GB one that's full and formatted as NTFS the only way I can change that is with another 500gb of storage. :rolleyes:

I needed it anyway, I'm just going to reinstall. If, when I reinstall, it does the same thing then I will know it's hardware and not software. :cool:

But that will suck, hopefully it just works. I just did this install last night so it's not a big deal at all. :D