Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

enny001

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
Hi i am going a Fresh install OSX lion but problem that i am hawing is that my video card is PC radeon hd 5770 and my monitor is dell u2410 when i hold down option key to boot from my DVD installation my computer goes in to power sawing mode, i did disable power saving in osx and sleep but for some reason i it still goes in to power save mode so i am not able to boot in to my dvd or see those 3 icons to boot from. When i don't hold any key and i restart my osx boots normally without apple spinning logo. Is there any other way around this i need to install fresh copy of lion on my mac pro 4.1 2.66 tower.

Thanks guys

Nov 28, 2010
located
Does the installer show up in System Preferences > Startup Disk*?
2012_01_14_pD1_SysPref-StartupDisk.png

No Mac coming with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion or OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion has physical restore media included.

OS X: About OS X Recovery

If you want to make a bootable installation medium, you can follow these steps:

xcodeSyn

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2012
Is there any other way around this i need to install fresh copy of lion on my mac pro 4.1 2.66 tower.
As long as your Lion installer (DVD or USB drive) shows up in your System Preferences > Startup Disk as indicated in simsaladimbamba's post, you just need to select that icon and click the restart button and that should get the fresh install started.

monkeybagel

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
United States
You should be able to hold Cmd+R while booting during the boot chime and boot to the recovery partition. This will allow you to wipe the Lion partition completely (but not the disk) and redownload and reinstall a fresh copy of 10.7.x.

It will appear as booting normally but you will notice it does not boot to the normal desktop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.