Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

X-JRO

macrumors member
Original poster
Hey Mac-Ninjas, just wanted to ask if you could hush my concerns.

I'm thinking about doing a fresh install of Snow Leopard.

I've been running my 24" iMac 2.8Ghz since late '08 and have never done a fresh install, even after I upgraded to Snow Leopard.

I've seen a bunch of guides but still had some questions about the best way to do it.

I'm running Time Machine on a 500Gb Time Capsual. It's only running time machine with nothing else. I also have a 4 Tb G-raid at my disposial.

What's the best way to do this?

Also, what will time machine do? Is it going to **** itself when it doesn't see 90% of the files that used to be there... What will happen?

Thanks again guys ^_^​

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
I'm thinking about doing a fresh install of Snow Leopard.

Why? Re-install just for no reason? What's the point? Do you have a problem? It's not like the bits get worn out and need to be refreshed.

As part of the re-install process you can have Time Machine put it all back the way it was. It is one of the install options.

But still it's a pointless exercise unless maybe you just need to change out he system boot disk, maybe for a larger or faster disk.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.