Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Miscellaneous

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 30, 2014
London, UK
Hi Guys!

I've just factory restored my Apple Mac Pro (Late 2013) with a clean installation of macOS Mojave 10.14.6 created via the links in the official Apple Support page.

I've noticed that the version of Safari that has been installed is quite outdated at version 12.1.2. If I go to software update in system preferences I believe I can update to Safari 14.

Anyone know how I could update to the last available/latest version of Safari 13 instead!?!

Thanks!

Last edited:

Miscellaneous

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 30, 2014
London, UK
Quick Update...

I was able to find an installer for Safari 13.1.2 on FileHorse and installed it over the top of Safari 12.1.2. Everything seems to be sorted out...just installing the latest security updates now via software update!

MarkC426

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2008
UK
Do you really trust an installer from another source (not Apple) to then use Safari for banking etc?
Safari 14 is much more secure, and works fine.

Reactions: Miscellaneous

Natzoo

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Safari 14 is much more secure, and works fine.
Safari 14 has been a bit frustrating for me, I notice that it requires my high-performance GPU all the time even if it is idle on the favorites page. It also uses significant energy which I confirm on activity monitor, but fans usually don't spin up which is nice.

Reactions: Miscellaneous
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.