Fresh Installing LION?

amitabhbansal

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 8, 2011
Delhi, India
Friends
i have a macbook pro 17" and a iMac 27", they came with snow leopard pre-installed, i have downloaded the LION from app store and copied the Image file contents to a DVD, now i want to do a fresh installation on my both machines, but i don't know one thing, When we install the Fresh LION will it ask for any serial number or something like that or not? if yes then from where i can find it?
Please help me
Thanks

johnalan

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
Friends
i have a macbook pro 17" and a iMac 27", they came with snow leopard pre-installed, i have downloaded the LION from app store and copied the Image file contents to a DVD, now i want to do a fresh installation on my both machines, but i don't know one thing, When we install the Fresh LION will it ask for any serial number or something like that or not? if yes then from where i can find it?
Please help me
Thanks
Heya,

Absolutely no serials just install away! it's essentially that easy.

I'd recommend doing a complete fresh install.

Comment

amitabhbansal

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 8, 2011
Delhi, India
thanks brother for instant reply, one more question, when i restart my macbook with pressing option key it shows me 3 things, Macintosh HDD, Recovery HD and the LION DVD, what is recovery HD? i never created it, and if i do a fresh installation of LION will i have to remove the recovery HD or not

Thanks

Comment