Fresh Leopard Install - Connect to previous Time Capsule Backup?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by LeeTom, May 5, 2009.

1. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

From time-to-time I obsessively reinstall Leopard on my MacBook Pro. I clone my drive to an external, install Leopard totally clean (erasing everything), and then drage back the contents of my home folders. I don't transfer anything from my Library folder, I like to start completely clean and rebuild my settings manually. Yes, I'm obsessive, like I said from before.

So now I've got my clean Leopard install. Everything is perfect. How do I back up to the existing sparseimage that's on my Time Capsule?

I realize it will be a fairly large first sync, but I'd love to still be able to grab deleted files from last October if need be.

Anyone know of settings or .plist trickery to make this happen? Can I simply choose that sparseimage in the Time Machine system preference?

Lee Tom

2. jmattix macrumors newbie

LeeTom,
    I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you, but I just re-installed Leopard and I'm having trouble knowing what to drag back into my home folder. Is there any way you could go step by step for me or direct me to the proper forum?

I have a Previous System folder and a brand new administrator's account name. I screwed it up pretty good.

Thanks.