Fresh Lion Install on MBP

clipsedsm95

macrumors member
Original poster
May 17, 2012
New York
Hey I have 13" MBP i5 if I do a fresh lion install will me pre loaded imovie iphoto and garageband install as well or do I have to find the file and install it after??

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
Fresh install means nothing else but the OS will be on the drive after the install. You reformat the drive, destroying any and all data and apps. Before proceeding make sure you have a back up of your system.

clipsedsm95

macrumors member
Original poster
May 17, 2012
New York
Fresh install means nothing else but the OS will be on the drive after the install. You reformat the drive, destroying any and all data and apps. Before proceeding make sure you have a back up of your system.
Yes I am aware of that but since my mac came preloaded with those applications, actually you know what would it be on my everything else disc? now thinking about it

khollister

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2003
Orlando, FL
Correct. You may be able to re-download those through the App Store as well, I believe.
Assuming you have signed into the App Store from your MBP and "registered" the iLife apps prior to reformatting, you can download them for free after you do a Lion restore.

I just did this myself recently after putting in a SSD and doing an Internet Recovery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.