Fresh restore

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bansheebeat, Jan 26, 2012.

1. bansheebeat macrumors regular

bansheebeat

So my 4s is JB on 5.0.1. Let's say I want to go back to stock. I do a restore as new iPhone. I lose all my contacts, pics, app placements, etc? If so is there a way to get these back to how they were (i.e. import all my mail accounts, phone settings, app organization, etc)? What if I just upgrade to 5.1 when it comes out? Will there still be traces of a JB?

I searched around and posted this in a couple other threads but I never got an answer to my question, my apologies if this is a dead horse. I'm ju

2. HiDEF, Jan 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2012

HiDEF macrumors 68000

HiDEF

Backup your contacts using iCloud.

Backup up Cydia apps and repos with PkcgBackup (Cydia)

Springtomize 2 backups your springboard but im not sure if you can access those backups after a clean restore; Springtomize might stored them locally on your phone.

3. bansheebeat thread starter macrumors regular

bansheebeat

Right I understand that. My contacts are saved on my Macbook. But I was wondering if I restored and didn't want to JB again.. I just don't feel like having pages of apps to sort through and put in folders. Also will it leave any trace of a JB?

4. naixed macrumors member

All of your folders and icons will be sorted and organized identically to your previous state.

restoring your iphone does not leave a trace of a jb. you'll have to re-jb

5. bansheebeat thread starter macrumors regular

bansheebeat

Thank you!