Fresh restore

bansheebeat

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
So my 4s is JB on 5.0.1. Let's say I want to go back to stock. I do a restore as new iPhone. I lose all my contacts, pics, app placements, etc? If so is there a way to get these back to how they were (i.e. import all my mail accounts, phone settings, app organization, etc)? What if I just upgrade to 5.1 when it comes out? Will there still be traces of a JB?

I searched around and posted this in a couple other threads but I never got an answer to my question, my apologies if this is a dead horse. I'm ju

HiDEF

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Miami, FL
Backup your contacts using iCloud.

Backup up Cydia apps and repos with PkcgBackup (Cydia)

Springtomize 2 backups your springboard but im not sure if you can access those backups after a clean restore; Springtomize might stored them locally on your phone.

Last edited:

bansheebeat

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Backup your contacts using iCloud.

Backup up Cydia apps and repos with PkcgBackup (Cydia)

Springtomize 2 backups your springboard but im not sure if you can access those backups after a clean restore; Springtomize might stored them locally on your phone.
Right I understand that. My contacts are saved on my Macbook. But I was wondering if I restored and didn't want to JB again.. I just don't feel like having pages of apps to sort through and put in folders. Also will it leave any trace of a JB?

naixed

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2012
All of your folders and icons will be sorted and organized identically to your previous state.

restoring your iphone does not leave a trace of a jb. you'll have to re-jb

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.